The Student Room Group

What does Brexit means for young people? Your questions answered

With 51.9% of the UK voting to leave the EU, the big question is: what happens next? What does Brexit mean and how will it affect young people?

Dr Darren Sharpe joined us on TSR to help answer your questions on the UK’s exit from the EU.

Dr Sharpe, a sociologist at the University of East London, is a leading expert on the social, economic and cultural issues that affect young people.

This Q&A has taken place. Anymore questions asked will NOT be answered. This is a discussion thread only now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

As I don't want to work in Europe, and my line of work is in education rather than anything directly "market related", how will Brexit affect me?
How would Brexit affect education ?
Reply 3
would legal EU citizens currently living, working or even studying here have to leave uk?
Reply 4
Does this mean I have a better chance getting onto a medicine course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dec1307
Does this mean I have a better chance getting onto a medicine course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think China is in the EU :wink:
What impact will it have on unemployment? Especially for young people?

And the countries who have never joined/left the EU how well is their country doing exonomically & socially?
Is it likely that tuition fees for EU student will be increased to those of international students?
I'm considering working in finance (IB). What impact do you think Brexit will have on this sector and do what do you see as the future for finance in London removed fro the EU?
(edited 7 years ago)
How worried should i be? Is there any way it will be stopped from going through parliment? Does this mean the end of the nhs?
How will the limited science funding affect graduates looking for a career in research?
How will Brexit affect international students from non-EU countries entering the UK to study? Who possibly plan to become a PR after university.
To what extent will repaying loans for university change and under what time scale is any change expected?
What will happen to working people who are from another country which is in the EU.. Will they have to leave?
Will it affect applications to universities next year from an English student, both in England and Scotland?

Will this affect things like the minimum wage, holiday leave and ease of getting a job for English graduates?
Reply 15
Coming from the Eu, if i start studying my engineering course this year (2016) with a tuition fee of 9,000 pounds (paying 3,900 pounds, because the Welsh government is helping me with the fee), will my tuition fee for my fourth year (2020) be the same as the first? I don't think that they should change it mid-course, because i would have already agreed on a specific tuition fee at the start of it.
As both a worker and potential chemistry undergraduate, what impact will Brexit have on tuition fees, the cost of food, rent and transport? Will house prices and car insurance really go down?
what will happen to EU students that currently want to go to university here in the UK
Original post by Real_jenn

And the countries who have never joined/left the EU how well is their country doing exonomically & socially?

Greenland is the only country that has left the EU.
What happens with NHS funded courses for students that have been accepted for 2016-2017?
Will we be able to get a student finance the following years since for 2016-2017 the course is funded?

What happens with the student finance in general?
Coming from EU country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending