The Student Room Group

UCAS help!!!!

Hi,
I am holding one offer (other 4 I got rejected from) to study midwifery. I have come to the conclusion that I really don't want to go to this university and want to move away from home. I also feel that midwifery isn't for me.
I know extra is still open and I have been advised to go through extra. But I don't know how to reject my midwifery offer.. I was told you could do it via track but I don't see that you can:frown:
Do I just keep hold of my offer and wait for clearing. I'm expected 280 UCAS points, but if I did better I could go through UCAS adjustment.
Please help, I really want to go to university but I'm scared I'm not going to get the chance to and I'm going to have to do a course im not going to enjoy.
Thank you!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by x.BlueEyedGirl.x
Hi,
I am holding one offer (other 4 I got rejected from) to study midwifery. I have come to the conclusion that I really don't want to go to this university and want to move away from home. I also feel that midwifery isn't for me.
I know extra is still open and I have been advised to go through extra. But I don't know how to reject my midwifery offer.. I was told you could do it via track but I don't see that you can:frown:
Do I just keep hold of my offer and wait for clearing. I'm expected 280 UCAS points, but if I did better I could go through UCAS adjustment.
Please help, I really want to go to university but I'm scared I'm not going to get the chance to and I'm going to have to do a course im not going to enjoy.
Thank you!!!!

Decide what you want to do. You've mentioned Extra, Clearing and Adjustment which shows you're really not sure. Doing anything would therefore be a mistake.

What subject do you want to do? Do you have the right subjects and grades? Where are you thinking of going?
Original post by Juno
Decide what you want to do. You've mentioned Extra, Clearing and Adjustment which shows you're really not sure. Doing anything would therefore be a mistake.

What subject do you want to do? Do you have the right subjects and grades? Where are you thinking of going?

I study biology, psychology and health and social care.
I want to study a branch of nursing which I know is very competitive and the chances of getting a place this close to September are slim. I'm also interested in paramedic science or occupational therapy. I'm interested in branch of nursing such as mental health nursing.
I just don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by x.BlueEyedGirl.x
I study biology, psychology and health and social care.
I want to study a branch of nursing which I know is very competitive and the chances of getting a place this close to September are slim. I'm also interested in paramedic science or occupational therapy. I'm interested in branch of nursing such as mental health nursing.
I just don't know what to do :frown:

The short answer is take a gap year and research the thing properly. Those courses are very competitive and unlikely to be available in Clearing. Take your time and get some experience while making a properly targeted application for next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending