Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just sat the Further Maths Level 2 GCSE set by AQA and for 2 questions, one of which was worth 3 marks and the other worth 4, I did not put any working. I am pretty sure I got the correct answer (as I got the same as my friends) but I worked it out using the calculator and forgot to write the working out. Would I lose marks for this or would I gain full marks for both considering my answers were right?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    I just sat the Further Maths Level 2 GCSE set by AQA and for 2 questions, one of which was worth 3 marks and the other worth 4, I did not put any working. I am pretty sure I got the correct answer (as I got the same as my friends) but I worked it out using the calculator and forgot to write the working out. Would I lose marks for this or would I gain full marks for both considering my answers were right?

Thanks!
    It depends if the question stated that 'you MUST give reasons for your answer'

ReputationRep:
    No it didn't say anything like that at all. It just said "Work out..." and it was 3 marks for the first one and 4 for the second one. Would I get all the marks then?

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the Mark Schemes, every question requires method marks.

You'll likely only get one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)

Thanks!
    (Original post by FredTheBaker)
    If you look at the Mark Schemes, every question requires method marks.

You'll likely only get one mark
    Yh, i believe for normal maths you don't need working unless it specifically states so. For further maths this is the same, however, for questions more than 2 marks, there tend to be only 1 or 2 B1 and A1 marks, (i.e. marks for answer regardless of method), which implies the other 2 are awarded on the presence of working. Though, I could be totally wrong! Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I also did the Edexcel normal Mathamtics B and a 5 mark question said you had to work out an estimate. I guessed and my answer was right according to my friends! Would I get all the marks for this as well? Note that this was normal and Not Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    How many school lessons/hours did everyone get for further maths per week, as my school only had one hour per week?

ReputationRep:
    We did virtually nothing. Our teacher did maybe 2 hours every 3 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme for paper 2

ReputationRep:
    i don't think so I tried to find one but...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.