Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I have seen a couple of others post about this too. They seem to keep pushing the application date further and further back, now into the middle of July? I am slightly concerned as it is such an important factor and I wonder if anyone does come on to this forum and is in the same boat, can comment on this, so we can discuss it here?!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, yes!
    I'm beginning to get paranoid that I've been forgotten or miscategorised; everyone I know going to other universities has had at least some level of communication regarding accommodation, while some have completely sorted it all by this point.
    I may give them a ring in a few days if nothing evolves, just to check if everything's okay with my application/eligibility, or whether it's just an all-round system issue they're experiencing - they must be incredibly busy this time of year, so perhaps that could be a factor.
    Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon so we can stop worrying 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett54)
    Ugh, yes!
    I'm beginning to get paranoid that I've been forgotten or miscategorised; everyone I know going to other universities has had at least some level of communication regarding accommodation, while some have completely sorted it all by this point.
    I may give them a ring in a few days if nothing evolves, just to check if everything's okay with my application/eligibility, or whether it's just an all-round system issue they're experiencing - they must be incredibly busy this time of year, so perhaps that could be a factor.
    Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon so we can stop worrying 😬
    Yes, exactly! I think that's a good idea, I just thought writing something on here could be helpful for others who might be the same.

Thanks for even replying, I hope applications will be open soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonderland_)
    Yes, exactly! I think that's a good idea, I just thought writing something on here could be helpful for others who might be the same.

Thanks for even replying, I hope applications will be open soon!
    No problem, feel free to message me if you want to chat about anything.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got a spot yet?

I still haven't revived a 'Where to Live' email.

It's my first time applying for accommodation. This will be my 2nd year at the University.

Results were released June 22nd for final year students and June 30th for the rest.
    So I can understand why they're being delayed.

Having said that, I do want to know ASAP whether I'll get a place or not...
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi guys!
    You won't find out if you have a place in halls until results day (unless you have an unconditional offer) and the university need to know you are definitely coming here in order to give you a room. Don't panic! If you have anymore worried contact the accommodation team here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodat...accommodation/

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston University)
    Hi guys!
    You won't find out if you have a place in halls until results day (unless you have an unconditional offer) and the university need to know you are definitely coming here in order to give you a room. Don't panic! If you have anymore worried contact the accommodation team here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodat...accommodation/

Emily
    Student ambassador
    When are the 'Where to Live' emails being sent?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Wonderland_)
    When are the 'Where to Live' emails being sent?
    Hi,
    I myself am unsure but as you are probably aware out student accommodation team have a lot to handle. The majority of student have just moved out of halls (I moved out Friday ) so I am sure they will start processing students moving in in September. Heres the contact for the accommodation team:
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodat...accommodation/
    They will know when the emails are being sent out.

Emily
    Student ambassador
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Alchemist,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here!

We wanted to let you know about Quebec House, where you can consider living in total autonomy with your own studio flat instead and spend the summer in peace of mind because your accommodation will be confirmed straight away.

We offer 5 different categories of studios, totally independent, each with its own kitchenette and bathroom. Whilst enjoying the privacy of your own flat, you will still feel the community feeling of our regular events on site in the newly refurbished Social Space.

Be in touch if you wish to know more. You can contact us at 0208 547 0646 or check out our Facebook page or website.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Anna @Fresh

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.