Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I know if I will get honours degree or ordinary degree Watch

ReputationRep:
    my company pay for my studies and if I fail or drop out I have to pay back the money. I applied for BSc with honours I will graduate this year (hopefully). I had to repeat some courses (5) including the final project. I managed to have 350 credit. However my company said that they will only accept degree with honours ( I guess if it not honours I will have to pay back the money ) how do I know if I will get honours degree or ordinary degree .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLemon88)
    my company pay for my studies and if I fail or drop out I have to pay back the money. I applied for BSc with honours I will graduate this year (hopefully). I had to repeat some courses (5) including the final project. I managed to have 350 credit. However my company said that they will only accept degree with honours ( I guess if it not honours I will have to pay back the money ) how do I know if I will get honours degree or ordinary degree .
    Afaik it's 360 credits for honours... worth speaking to your tutor or course leader as there may be some provision for an upgrade to honours in your unis academic regulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLemon88)
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Afaik it's 360 credits for honours... worth speaking to your tutor or course leader as there may be some provision for an upgrade to honours in your unis academic regulations.
    It may depend on which uni you go to but at mine you can fail 20 credits per year and still get honours (so for a minimum of 300 credits over the course of 3 year to get honours with no more than 20 credits a year being failed)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.