Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE AQA Further Maths Calculator Paper (Paper 2) Unofficial Mark scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    I will post all the answers that I can remember; I can almost guarantee the answers I do remember are right. If you can remember any other answers that I have missed, post them below - so that I can change them. If you remember the question but do not know the answer, ask me, and I will give you the precise working-out as well as the answer. Here are the ones I do remember:

First question:
    (1/2)*5*6=15

Estimate solutions from graph:
    -0.8, 4.8

Factorisation:
    (x-2)/(x+3)

Find P, a point located in a 3:5 ration on the line DE:
    (4.5, 5.875)

Always true/Sometimes True/Never true:
    Always, Sometimes, Never, Sometimes

Quadratic Sequence:
    a)2n+5
    b)6n^2+13n-5

Find the angle x in a cyclical quadrilateral:
    37.5 degrees

Prove that x=3n:
    360-(180-n)-2n=180-3n --> alternate angles are equal; 180-(180-3n)=3n=x

The tany=(p+1)/(p-1) question:
    a) y>45; using limits - the limit of (p+1)/(p-1) as p goes to infinity is 1, which is the arctan of 45.
    b) (p+1)/sqrt[(2p^2)-2]; you express tany in terms of siny/cosy, then square both sides of the equation and substitute (1-sin^2y) into (cos^2y); get the rid of the denominators, expand the brackets and simplify, eventually solving for siny to get the final answer

Making x the subject of the formula:
    x=8w/y+8

2/5 sqrt(x)=1:

3D Pyramid:
    36.86 degrees

Sketch the graph when there are two stationary points:
    You should have got something like this:
    Name:  curve.png
Views: 321
Size:  2.3 KB

Find x/y when the volume of a cylinder is equal to the volume of a hemisphere:

Work out f(x-1)-f(x):
    1/(2x+3)(2x+1)

Matrix transformation 5-marker:
    The first two matrices are:
    (3 0)
    (0 3)
    and
    (-1 0)
    (0 -1)
    When multiplied together, they give the matrix
    (-3 0)
    (0 -3)
    This is enlargement by the scale factor of -3, as any two coordinates x and y, when this matrix is multiplied by the coordinates, are transformed into -3x and -3y (Show the multiplication).
    To show the transformation is about the origin, state that the origin has the coordinates (0,0), so the enlargement by scale factor -3 about the origin would be:
    (0)+(-3 0)
    (0) (0 -3),
    which is the matrix derived above

Simultaneous equations (DO NOT use trial and improvement) 6-marker:
    2.77 and 1.23

Tangent and x^3 graph 5-marker (Find the length of CD):
    32 units

Last question:
    a)sin^2(x - 3cos^2(x)= sin^2(x) - 3(1-sin^2(x))= sin^2(x) - 3 + 3sin^2(x)=4sin^2(x)-3
    b)4sin^2(x)-3=0; 4sin^2(x)=3; sin^2(x)=3/4; sin(x)=sqrt(3)/2 or sin(x)=-sqrt(3)/2; the answers are then: 60, 120 (180-60), 240 (180--60), and 300 (360-60)

ReputationRep:
    I got 24 or 43 for the tan question

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you got it all right
    As far as I can remember at least

What do you think you got OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    Looks like you got it all right
    As far as I can remember at least

What do you think you got OP?
    OP? As in, "What do you think you got - OP?" Or as in, "What did you get for OP"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himtiaz)
    I got 24 or 43 for the tan question
    Which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMaxMapsMats)
    OP? As in, "What do you think you got - OP?" Or as in, "What did you get for OP"?
    OP means original poster. Basically, what do you think you got.
    Out of 105 and 175

ReputationRep:
    OP means original poster. Basically, what do you think you got.
    Out of 105 and 175
    Oh. According to the mark scheme for the first paper, I got about 67 out 70. For this one, according to a mark scheme in another thread, I got all the answers right. However, I may still lose some method marks. I think I got about 100 out 105. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh. According to the mark scheme for the first paper, I got about 67 out 70. For this one, according to a mark scheme in another thread, I got all the answers right. However, I may still lose some method marks. I think I got about 100 out 105. What about you?
    53 and 100
    Hope I got that and can get a A**

ReputationRep:
    53 and 100
    Hope I got that and can get a A**
    Hmmm... I don't know. I've been told you need 66 for non-calculator and 100 for calculator to just snatch an A**. Hopefully, the grade boundaries are going to be really low.

By the way, what do you mean by "Original post"? I didn't copy anything from anyone. These are my own answers.

ReputationRep:
    Which one?
    The square based pyramid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himtiaz)
    The square based pyramid
    Oh. A lot of people got that (42.8) - because they kept rounding up their answers as they went - but the correct answer is 37. Don't worry, though - you will still get full marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. A lot of people got that (42.8) - because they kept rounding up their answers as they went - but the correct answer is 37. Don't worry, though - you will still get full marks for that.
    however for that question wasnt it asking from plane vbd to plane abcd instead of angle vbd to plane abcd

ReputationRep:
    what about the question where it asked for the coefficient of x? what was the value of p?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie DHK)
    what about the question where it asked for the coefficient of x? what was the value of p?
    Oh, yeah. It was (-9).
    Here is why, if anything:
    (3x+4)(x^2+px+5)=...+4x^2+3px^2= ...+x^2(4+3p); 4+3p=-23;3p=-27;p=-9

ReputationRep:
    What about the tan y question what was the one mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie DHK)
    What about the tan y question what was the one mark?
    I put it up in the original post: it's y>45, because the limit of x+1/x-1 as x goes to infinity is 1, and 1 is the arctan (reverse tan/tan to the -1) of 45.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I don't know. I've been told you need 66 for non-calculator and 100 for calculator to just snatch an A**. Hopefully, the grade boundaries are going to be really low.

By the way, what do you mean by "Original post"? I didn't copy anything from anyone. These are my own answers.
    I got the A** so the 66 and 100 thing was probably wrong

ReputationRep:
    I got the A** so the 66 and 100 thing was probably wrong
    Maybe...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.