Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's time we all pack up our things and flee from the UK!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's not.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll wait until the pound recovers a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I predicted that if Leave won there would be whiney Remainers threatening to leave the country.

The same thing happened in 2004 when Bush won the US presidential election. They threatened to move to Canada. None of them did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Its funnier to see the impact and laugh in the faces of everyone who voted leave.
    Bizarre comment. Leavers are over the moon. We won a very important and hard fought campaign.

It's unclear what you'd be laughing about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halzy1234)
    It's time we all pack up our things and flee from the UK!
    To go where, exactly?

Most European countries have problems, whether it's massive youth unemployment, a defaulting economy, equally high Eurosceptic views or the emergence of far right parties that actually are far right. The US is going through one of its most polarising elections in years and is more divided than at any time since the civil war. Canada, Australia and NZ have extremely stringent visa entry requirements and even then, have their own issues with employment levels that most expats find incompatible with living there.

So really, where are you going?

Or, how about you stop with the hyperbole and act like a grown up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Bizarre comment. Leavers are over the moon. We won a very important and hard fought campaign.

It's unclear what you'd be laughing about?
    Hard fought? I would count lying and manipulating the poorest in the country as hard fought.

I think its funny how alot of the working class voted out mainly down to immigration issues, yet they will be the worst affected. Maybe im wrong but i doubt it.

Many people made irrational decisions simply down to fear of immigration this and immigration that, the true effects of a leave vote were probably not even considered by a good 30% of leave voters.

ReputationRep:
    Will I need a visa?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TSRFT8;66076321]Hard fought? I would count lying and manipulating the poorest in the country as hard fought.

I think its funny how alot of the working class voted out mainly down to immigration issues, yet they will be the worst affected. Maybe im wrong but i doubt it.
    Even if you were right (which from the markets I'd say you're not; the pound and FTSE stabilised) it's quite interesting that you find it a matter of amusement and joy for other people to be hurt economically. Are you a sociopath?

Many people made irrational decisions simply down to fear of immigration this and immigration that
    And many other Leave voters decided on a rational and justifitable basis relating to EU's democratic deficit and the sovereignty issue. Just as many Remainers made decisions on a completely irrational basis such as the hyperbolic threats from Juncker or their grasping adherence to "Europeanness" as a fundamental part of their identity to make up for their otherwise provincial and parochial orientation.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Thutmose-III;66076413]
    Even if you were right (which from the markets I'd say you're not; the pound and FTSE stabilised) it's quite interesting that you find it a matter of amusement and joy for other people to be hurt economically. Are you a sociopath?
    Why would that make me a sociopath do you even know what that means. Why would it not be funny to see the people who thought leave was such a good idea find out the remain side were right all along??

ReputationRep:
    lol bye, good riddance.

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to leave anyway

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TSRFT8;66076631]
    Why would that make me a sociopath do you even know what that means./QUOTE]

Sociopathy is a comprehensive lack of empathy for other human beings. Laughing at their misfortune seems bang on in that respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I was planning to leave anyway
    Are you an immigrant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Are you an immigrant?
    No, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    No, why?
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Thutmose-III;66076777]
    Why would that make me a sociopath do you even know what that means./QUOTE]

Sociopathy is a comprehensive lack of empathy for other human beings. Laughing at their misfortune seems bang on in that respect
    I have empathy but you cant have sympathy for something THEY THEMSELVES CHOSE to do to themselves. I feel bad for them as they were tricked into their vote through fear but they should have done their own research.

Im not going to feel sorry (i think i speak for the majority of remain voters) at people who chose to vote for people like Farrage who promoted hatred anyway. Whatever im done arguing with you now its abit boring and repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    I have empathy but you cant have sympathy for something THEY THEMSELVES CHOSE to do to themselves. I feel bad for them as they were tricked into their vote through fear but they should have done their own research.
    You actually want bad things to happen. You said you would laugh if they did.

I suppose I can take some comfort that increasingly that is just your hope and your fantasy for economic chaos rather than what's actually happening as the markets have recovered today and will actually close higher for the week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-referendum-c/

FTSE to finish the week higher after recovering from 8.7pc drop as pound falls to 7-year low

ReputationRep:
    I said i would laugh if they did, i did not say i WANT them to happen. You are just putting words in my mouth and this whole thing is just boring.
    You said you would laugh if it happened. That tells us that (1) you would take pleasure from it, and (2) you are immature and bad loser.

I agree, this is getting boring. Bye!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.