The Student Room Group

After the result, would you have voted differently?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
I've seen a couple of people on Facebook, friends of friends, saying they felt differently now the vote is over and the results are out and wish they'd voted differently. Regardless of your stance on the EU referendum, would anyone else have voted differently?

I guarantee the vast majority Middle England will regret their decision when they realise just how badly they've f***ed up. Round of applause for the people who thought this was the best way of sticking up the middle finger to the establishment.:congrats::congrats::congrats:
Original post by mrITguy
So you wanted Germany and France to tell all the other states what to do? lol

Look how Germany treated Greece and the greek people...........you think that is democratic?

Yes we have our country back and are not answerable to people who we do not elect.

I don't give a toss about being 0.1% more democratic, look at what a mess this country has become, divided into two, threat of Scottish referendum, economic crash, international discontent with the Brits. Not worth it imo.
If people want to change their vote after they've seen the result they need to grow up and grow a pair. This isn't primary school. Have principles, make a decision and be confident with your answer.

And don't be stupid enough to make pointless protest votes in a 2-choice referendum.
Original post by The Roast
No. I was firmly Out and still am.

Original post by Swanbow
No. Although I would have much preferred this result under a Labour government.

Did you guys remember to put on your condoms before deciding to **** our country?
Original post by GUMI
Leave ftw. I would never change my vote from leave to remain. :colondollar:

I swear I saw you in another thread saying something such as "I voted leave but I don't care really" and now your passionate all of sudden? :tongue:
Original post by alevelstresss
I don't give a toss about being 0.1% more democratic, look at what a mess this country has become, divided into two, threat of Scottish referendum, economic crash, international discontent with the Brits. Not worth it imo.

Wow..where did you get that figure from? It is more like 50% of our laws are made by the EU...(thats if you take the lowest).

So you would favour a dictatorship :ahee:

Threat of Scouttish referendum is just a threat and if they do leave, then they will be shooting themselves in the foot by having to join the euro and schengen agreement.

Economic crash has already started to stabilise and will continue to do so. International discontent I can agree with you, but I would argue there is admiration for us in europe as more and more countries have increased in euroskepticsim.

Just accept you defeat like an honourable person or leave this country.
No, I wouldn't.

However what I really wish I could change is the tone of this referendum. It has been frankly nasty and dominated by snide passive aggressive personal attacks rather than genuine debate of the issues. It has really debased British politics and I do hope we all learn to grow up in the near future.
Original post by mrITguy
Wow..where did you get that figure from? It is more like 50% of our laws are made by the EU...(thats if you take the lowest).

So you would favour a dictatorship :ahee:

Threat of Scouttish referendum is just a threat and if they do leave, then they will be shooting themselves in the foot by having to join the euro and schengen agreement.

Economic crash has already started to stabilise and will continue to do so. International discontent I can agree with you, but I would argue there is admiration for us in europe as more and more countries have increased in euroskepticsim.

Just accept you defeat like an honourable person or leave this country.

50%? don't make me laugh, 13% of our laws, excluding regulations which don't affect us, were influenced by Brussels.

And even then, why is them making laws bad? The UK will spit into three separate self-governing countries because of your collective stupidity. The UK will lose out and the entire world is either laughing at us or they are cringing at us.
Original post by mrITguy

Look how Germany treated Greece and the greek people...........you think that is democratic?

Yes we have our country back and are not answerable to people who we do not elect.

You realise that we're still going to have to bend over to them in order to establish new trade settlements right? Except now we have 0 say whatsoever in any of their rules? I wouldn't blame them one bit for making us an example and being harsh with their negotiations.

So what exactly have we achieved here?

Inb4 "Muh immigrants" - the mindset of a white, male 60+ year old leaver. A person who ironically won't even live in an area near immigrants anyway.

And your fellow supporter Mr Farage has already come out and said the £350mil to the NHS thing was bullcrap. Anyone with half a brain could see that coming. But I guess I expected too much of members of the public. Now Scotland will leave the UK and take their oil with them. Northern Ireland will almost surley leave too. Economical instability will be at an all time high yet all your concerned about is having out country back? You act like before we were in the EU, we people lived in some kind of utopia.

Today we have witnessed the first stage in the dismemberment of the UK.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
50%? don't make me laugh, 13% of our laws, excluding regulations which don't affect us, were influenced by Brussels.

And even then, why is them making laws bad? The UK will spit into three separate self-governing countries because of your collective stupidity. The UK will lose out and the entire world is either laughing at us or they are cringing at us.

The percentage I gave includes all regulations and policy's. Little and big alike.

Ok then if thats the case why don't we not have a parliament at all and just let other country's tell us how we should run.
Nope. Voted in and I think that in the short term in would have been better.

In the long term it makes little difference.
Original post by lucabrasi98
You realise that we're still going to have to bend over to them in order to establish new trade settlements right? Except now we have 0 say whatsoever in any of their rules? I wouldn't blame them one bit for making us an example and being harsh with their negotiations.

So what exactly have we achieved here?

Inb4 "Muh immigrants" - the mindset of a white, male 60+ year old leaver. A person who ironically won't even live in an area near immigrants anyway.

And your fellow supporter Mr Farage has already come out and said the £350mil to the NHS thing was bullcrap. Anyone with half a brain could see that coming. But I guess I expected too much of members of the public. Now Scotland will leave the UK and take their oil with them. Northern Ireland will almost surley leave too. Economical instability will be at an all time high yet all your concerned about is having out country back? You act like before we were in the EU, we people lived in some kind of utopia.

Today we have witnessed the first stage in the dismemberment of the UK.

It will be the other way around matey. We import more than we export FACT. Therefore the ball will be in our court not theirs. Another fact is that some EU members are already calling for their referendum on the EU, if it was soo good then why do other country's want to leave too?.

Another Fact for you. We are the 3rd OVERCROWDED country in Europe (excluding city states) and the 5th in the WORLD. So think having millions of immigrants every year come to our country, using our health service, getting educated here, sending money back to their family's and hardly any of them going back to their own country. Do you think that is not an issue?

When Germany says you must accept thousands or million of immigrants that are coming to Europe is right and just when our parliament hasn't voted on the issue?

Yes he did say that and that is true. Although what is also true is that there will be lots of money available to give to the NHS. If scotland leave they will suffer badly, they cannot have the pound and will be forced to join the euro and schengen agreements. If they think they will get the same terms as us previously they are badly mistaken.

LOL are you actually suggesting money is more important the free will?
Reply 32
Original post by TSRFT8
Your posts today have been spot on, PRSOM.

No. He's just been whining constantly like a lot of the rest of the internet who has nothing better to do. The pound started dropping before the ballot counting had ended anyway, so saying it's solely due to the vote to leave is just as much as lie as the £350 million figure being used.
Intresting question indeed. :holmes:

EU referendum: Nigel Farage disowns Vote Leave '£350m for the NHS' pledge hours after result | UK Politics | News | The Independent - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email
(edited 7 years ago)
Worst decision in the History Of British politics.
Most of the votes were biased, a lot of fear mongering, targeting and creating scapegoats....

Basically.... NOT GOOD!
People are making this lie about the £350m for the NHS to be a bad thing. If you actually watched the news and what he said this morning he said not all of it would go to the NHS, some would go to education and other areas which is a good thing you nobs
Did you guys remember to put on your condoms before deciding to **** our country?

I made an informed decision based on my political convictions and the facts presented to me, as is my democratic right. Stop acting like a little child.
Original post by Swanbow
I made an informed decision based on my political convictions and the facts presented to me, as is my democratic right. Stop acting like a little child.

Oh you mean all the lies sold to you by the leave campaign?
Oh you mean all the lies sold to you by the leave campaign?

I despised the mainstream leave campaign. Vile fear mongering and hate.

I was for Lexit, not Brexit, in the same vein as Tony Benn. I might not have liked sharing a position with the far right, but my utter contempt for the EU as an institution and it's response to Greece, Portugal and the refugee crisis really gave me no other option.
Original post by mrITguy

Germany and France weren't 'telling anyone what to do'. We controlled 10% of the EU Parliament. We were the ones telling people what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending