Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have found myself in a difficult situation.
    I am doing the GAMSAT for the second time this year (2015 result was 58).
    Im going into my 3rd year at uni for Medical Science and applying for medicine 2017 as a Graduate.
    I'm on track for a 2:1 so far (not sure if i could get a first)!
    My A levels are A Chem, B Bio, A geo and a C in AS spanish.
    The C has seriously put me out of the game because I was originally thinking to apply all GAMSAT uni's but with my C i cant apply to Liverpool which had a lower GAMSAT score compared to some of the others.
    Would I be able to use my Extended Project on the Epidemiology of HIV (A*) as an AS level?
    And should I consider doing the UKCAT?
    What is the competition like?

Any help, advice or ideas would be 110% appreciated.

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzypetrie)
    I have found myself in a difficult situation.
    I am doing the GAMSAT for the second time this year (2015 result was 58).
    Im going into my 3rd year at uni for Medical Science and applying for medicine 2017 as a Graduate.
    I'm on track for a 2:1 so far (not sure if i could get a first)!
    My A levels are A Chem, B Bio, A geo and a C in AS spanish.
    The C has seriously put me out of the game because I was originally thinking to apply all GAMSAT uni's but with my C i cant apply to Liverpool which had a lower GAMSAT score compared to some of the others.
    Would I be able to use my Extended Project on the Epidemiology of HIV (A*) as an AS level?
    And should I consider doing the UKCAT?
    What is the competition like?

Any help, advice or ideas would be 110% appreciated.

xx
    Definitely do the UKCAT. It'll open up so many more options for you (e.g. Warwick, KCL, Newcastle, Barts). You're on track for a 2.i with a relevant science degree, so your choices won't be limited for GEM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    Definitely do the UKCAT. It'll open up so many more options for you (e.g. Warwick, KCL, Newcastle, Barts). You're on track for a 2.i with a relevant science degree, so your choices won't be limited for GEM.
    Thank you for your reply
    Okay, I last did it in 2012 I think haha. I did not do well at all.
    Do you recommend any help books in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzypetrie)
    Thank you for your reply
    Okay, I last did it in 2012 I think haha. I did not do well at all.
    Do you recommend any help books in particular?
    I'd recommend:

Score Higher on the UKCAT
    Mastering the UKCAT

and Medify as an online resource.

I know that there's a new book - 1000 UKCAT Questions - which is an updated version of the 'classic' 600 Qs book, but I didn't use that one at all last year as I felt some of the questions were unnecessarily difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    I'd recommend:

Score Higher on the UKCAT
    Mastering the UKCAT

and Medify as an online resource.

I know that there's a new book - 1000 UKCAT Questions - which is an updated version of the 'classic' 600 Qs book, but I didn't use that one at all last year as I felt some of the questions were unnecessarily difficult!
    Thank you for your advice, please don't think I've purposefully gone against it but I am only sitting the GAMSAT. Because exeter will give an interview as long as I am on track to get a 2:i (due to my course at exeter). And Liverpool will accept my extended project instead of my spanish C.

I am just wondering If you know how I make sure my highest GAMSAT score is sent to my unis?
    Thanks for your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.