This discussion is closed.
Musical_shoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Has anyone been to Prague? I've just come back and thought it was amazing!
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Musical_shoes)
Yeah, I went last year to visit my brother who studies out there in the Czech Republic. Its a really nice city and all, what did you get up to? Did you go to the biggest club in Europe.

I thought it was a bit strange that loads of people go around in sandals and socks, and if that is weird enough, they do it at like 40 degree temperatures; and also that they girls don't shave their legs. Eurgh.

It was good though.
Musical_shoes
Rep:
?
It was on a music tour, so we went and sang at Churches and bandstands etc... We visited all the tourist sites, the castle and bridge. I loved the way it was divided into two towns. The traffic it appaling tho. We all nearly got killed by the cars driving over the green men! Culture aside - great shopping!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It was on a music tour, so we went and sang at Churches and bandstands etc... We visited all the tourist sites, the castle and bridge. I loved the way it was divided into two towns. The traffic it appaling tho. We all nearly got killed by the cars driving over the green men! Culture aside - great shopping!
The traffic isn't that bad. Though I nearly got arrested and fined for J-walking, as its supposed to be the ultimate crime there.

Theres a lot of handbag shops. Thats all I remember. My ex, who I went with, spent half her time in them.
Musical_shoes
Rep:
?
Yep, we were warned....lol, probably is the ultimate crime. Did u see all the cows??!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep, we were warned....lol, probably is the ultimate crime. Did u see all the cows??!
No, but they had loads of cow posters and ornaments. Why is that?
Musical_shoes
Rep:
?
Not sure actually.... Lol must have fallen asleep when our guide told us... There were abt 250 something life size replica cows. Disco cow was the best!
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes! It's my fave city! Did a lot of collaborative work with a Mol Biol group out at Charles during my D.Phil.
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nice woman...
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
The traffic isn't that bad. Though I nearly got arrested and fined for J-walking, as its supposed to be the ultimate crime there.
I've always wondered what j-walking was ... anyone care to enlighten me ? :confused:
Musical_shoes
Rep:
?
Its when a pedesstrian walks through a red light. Its a big deal in the Czech Republic, so it would seem.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.27%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.26%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.63%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
9.3%

Watched Threads