FTSE finishes week higher after market recovers

Watch
Thutmose-III
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-referendum-c/

Markets live: FTSE to finish the week higher after recovering from 8.7pc drop as pound falls to 7-year low
The hysteria of the Remain camp is looking increasingly comical. At this point they actually want bad things to happen even though the facts suggest that the markets have stabilised perfectly soundly and that German industry won't allow the European Commission to destroy German jobs and industry to punish the Brits

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36596060
Thutmose-III
Rep:
?
Additional news, HSBC shares are trading 0.6% higher than their closing price yesterday. Standard Chartered shares are also back in black.

These two are particularly relevant as they are our most outward-looking and internationally-oriented banks
Thutmose-III
Rep:
?
Trading activity surges on cheap shares in banks and builders
Retail investors are taking advantage of buying opportunities following dramatic falls in share prices, according to investment platform AJ Bell.
Those are the actions of investors who believe the economy is fundamentally sound.
Thutmose-III
Rep:
?
More data. The market is higher today than it was in April. That hardly suggests the financial armageddon the hysterical Remainers have been claiming will now occur.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (7)
50%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
14.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
7.14%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (2)
14.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (1)
7.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
7.14%

Watched Threads