Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, is it something they use to distinguish better candidates from the rest? It's just I am slightly annoyed with a few parts of my most recent one!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maary)
    I was just wondering, is it something they use to distinguish better candidates from the rest? It's just I am slightly annoyed with a few parts of my most recent one!!!
    they will look at your reference which is written during year 12 so just try and be a bit better behaved lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by maary)
    Your school writes a reference for you and it's their choice what they put in it. So there's no clear answer for this. Having said that, the references are definitely not as important as other parts of the application process like your results, your interview and any admissions tests so it would have to be a pretty damning comment for it to have a significant impact.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :laugh:

No they do not.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the reference your school writes, Oxford won't see anything.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.