Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What have people got against Boris and Farage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Watching any debate or interview with these two men all I see are two good politicians. Whether you agree with their parties policies are not, they aren't horrible guys? I don't see how Nigel is racist, he barely even mentioned immigration in the EU debates, people just seem to blow everything he says out of proportion? I also don't think Boris would be too bad as PM, to say I'm not even a conservative. Is it just me that thinks this?

ReputationRep:
    Farage's immigration poster?

BJ's Heathrow relocation plan?

ReputationRep:
    I like Boris, but Farage always seemed like a charicature to me - he played the whole "good lad, going down to the pub for a pint" a bit too strongly for my taste, what with all those photo-ops always taking place in pubs and stuff. I'm sure that many people identify with that sort of character, but not me.

ReputationRep:
    Let's take one at a time. Farage is an elected MEP. He is a member of several influential committees including the Fisheries committee. But he doesn't turn up and he doesn't vote. For someone selling independence on the back of democracy, this seems rather two faced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10316962.html

He is also quite happy to take home his enormous pay check without question.

As for Boris - he is a proven lier. Most politicians say one thing and do another, but Boris has been caught time and time again speaking bare faced lies. Here is a cringeworthy interview with the ever calm Eddie Mair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV_UdO6ztQ

Both talk a good talk. Indeed I used to think Boris was amusing and might make a charismatic change, but his politics are just horrendous. If you care about the NHS - be really scared if he gets serious power. He is a major proponent for its privatisation.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing against Farage. No friend, kin or fellow countryman of mine, but it's hard not to feel slightly pleased for someone achieving something after working hard for it despite innumerable weaknesses.

Johnson on the other hand, is an opportunist, a political genius not hesitant to use shady practices entirely for his own gain. The epitome of "user and abuser".

ReputationRep:
    Just like all the other politicians, just hurl rhetoric at you with little concern for facts, motivated by nothing but self-interest it would seem (especially Boris). Claim to be in touch with working classes but anything but. Well at least Farage knows what many of them want but he doesn't understand what life is like for them at all

..Just went to check that Nigel Farage was indeed public-schooled and from a wealthy family; look on Wikipedia Nigel Farage page for banter lel
    aww it's gone (his surname was f***face)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Let's take one at a time. Farage is an elected MEP. He is a member of several influential committees including the Fisheries committee. But he doesn't turn up and he doesn't vote. For someone selling independence on the back of democracy, this seems rather two faced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10316962.html

He is also quite happy to take home his enormous pay check without question.
    I love this. People are so upset about it being "undemocratic" that they pay £80k a year for our MEPs to not turn up and vote. If our MEPs did their jobs we'd have the third biggest say in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I love this. People are so upset about it being "undemocratic" that they pay £80k a year for our MEPs to not turn up and vote. If our MEPs did their jobs we'd have the third biggest say in the EU.
    As well as the people who imply that the EU is undemocratic because they don't know who the EU President or their MEPs are. I mean, whose fault is that?

ReputationRep:
    According to boris we export "stuff" to the Eu. He then goes on to give a very educated example of "cake" to France particularly "chocolate cake", apparently the French love our cake.

Farage, seems a bit racist to me and he just went back on his NHS promise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.