?
Report 1 month ago
Hey thank you so much for responding . Hopefully i get in . x
TRBONDA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey there . I have been given a conditional offer for MAN . Thank you ever so much for your help prior my interview. x

(Original post by Vam1970)
Hi I was accepted on the course and had all the required hours prior to starting but some of my cohort did not,they had to make the time up during the course so they made it up in holidays.I think this makes it a tougher course and I personally would recomend you get all the hours if possible,im sure it was not 770hrs though.
Bsc pass is 40% and Msc pass is 50%
Msc is level 7 rather than Bsc starts year one at level 4(marks do not count towards your degree but need to be passed,then yr 2 is level 5 and year 3 level 6
Msc is more critical thinking and a higher academic level.
Bsc builds on your knowledge and skills as years progress,the Bsc students definately have alot more spare time to study,Msc is full on hit the ground running!
good luck
interview consisted of 4 similtaneous rotated interviews with academic staff and a nhs user( we had a carer for disabled)
then we had to do a 5 minute presentation on what skills we could bring to the nursing role.
then we had an interview with head of nursing.
it was fun
Elliot!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have been accepted conditionally onto the Keele MSc Adult Nursing 2 year accelerated course, I got my BSc Hons in a different area 17 years ago and over the last couple of years have gained 4800 hours clinical experience as a volunteer. Should you need hours to APL over then look at volunteering to set you up / show commitment prior to the course - think outside the box on gaining these hours - charities are out there crying out for help.
(Original post by returnmigrant)
What are you trying to achieve by doing this? A Masters isnt a 1-year postgrad conversion course to achieve qualified nursing status, it about in depth academic study that builds on an existing nursing degree and/or experience - see this as one example : http://www.northampton.ac.uk/study/courses/nursing-msc/ Your background isnt in Nursing.

If you want tobqualify as a Nurse then you need to do a full nursing training at undergrad level - there are no short-cuts to this : https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-...become-a-nurse
(Original post by Vam1970)
Hi I was accepted on the course and had all the required hours prior to starting but some of my cohort did not,they had to make the time up during the course so they made it up in holidays.I think this makes it a tougher course and I personally would recomend you get all the hours if possible,im sure it was not 770hrs though.
Bsc pass is 40% and Msc pass is 50%
Msc is level 7 rather than Bsc starts year one at level 4(marks do not count towards your degree but need to be passed,then yr 2 is level 5 and year 3 level 6
Msc is more critical thinking and a higher academic level.
Bsc builds on your knowledge and skills as years progress,the Bsc students definately have alot more spare time to study,Msc is full on hit the ground running!
good luck
interview consisted of 4 similtaneous rotated interviews with academic staff and a nhs user( we had a carer for disabled)
then we had to do a 5 minute presentation on what skills we could bring to the nursing role.
then we had an interview with head of nursing.
it was fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads