Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've been offered a place on a school direct physics ITT course starting in September through Leeds Trinity Uni

The condition is that I achieve a 2:2, but I might end up with a 3rd. How likely do you think it would be that I would be accepted anyway?

Their website states they consider applicants with 3rds if they have relevant experience. I've got a few days of school experience and have already had my induction day at my first placement.

Thanks for any help/advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jippet)
    Hi,

Their website states they consider applicants with 3rds if they have relevant experience. I've got a few days of school experience and have already had my induction day at my first placement.

I think you can only wait and see. Either that or ring them up. On the one hand they are desperate for physicists, but on the other hand, they don't want just anyone. There is a line to be drawn somewhere. I think the experience refers to industrial experience. For example, I only got a Desmond 16 years ago, but have ended up with three offers and a pending scholarship on the basis of the fact I have 16 years experience as a software developer.

It might be worth thinking about a plan B just in case.

Stay positive and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jippet)
    Hi,

I've been offered a place on a school direct physics ITT course starting in September through Leeds Trinity Uni

The condition is that I achieve a 2:2, but I might end up with a 3rd. How likely do you think it would be that I would be accepted anyway?

Durham/Oxford's offer for me was 'to graduate' i.e an ordinary degree or third would have been enough, i'm sure there are other uni's that reduce offers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.