Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The secretly negotiated trade treaty between the EU and the United States that was set to; 'liberalise' our healthcare system, give private corporations the right to sue our governments for any action that harmed their profits, lower our food standards to that of America and for my fiscal conservatives friends out there, further regulate the financial sector is indefinitely off the table for the United Kingdom. And as Mr Obama said, we are at the back of the queue.

ReputationRep:
    Our government was one of the biggest supporters of TTIP, while the EU was trying to negotiate amendments to protect things like public services, and some countries were blocking it until those amendments were made. We'll be joining TTIP, we just won't have the negotiating power to make it work for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    The secretly negotiated trade treaty between the EU and the United States that was set to; 'liberalise' our healthcare system, give private corporation the right to sue our governments for any action that harmed their profits, lower our food standards to that of America and for my fiscal conservatives friends out there, further regulate the financial sector is indefinitely off the table for the United Kingdom. And as Mr Obama said, we are at the back of the queue.
    Like I care if I've upset Obama. I swear if his ears where any bigger we could pass him off as Dumbo the Elephant.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of glad we got our democracy back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Like I care if I've upset Obama. I swear if his ears where any bigger we could pass him off as Dumbo the Elephant.

haha... ha.. ha... no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahid~)
    haha... ha.. ha... no.
    Tell the friggin yank to sod off back home. Tell Trump to do the same thing if he gets out of line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Our government was one of the biggest supporters of TTIP, while the EU was trying to negotiate amendments to protect things like public services, and some countries were blocking it until those amendments were made. We'll be joining TTIP, we just won't have the negotiating power to make it work for us.
    I very much doubt we'll see a trade deal with America negotiated within the next parliament. And if presented to parliament I suspect that enough Tories will rebel against it. That said I don't trust the Tory leadership on the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    Kind of glad we got our democracy back
    Why? You've taken power from the people trying to protect us from TTIP and given it to the biggest supporters of it...

Also, we never didn't have our democracy. We made up 10% of EU Parliament, but we acted like petty kids throwing a tantrum, electing MPs like Nigel Farage that didn't bother turning up to vote.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.