Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This nation has been through Civil War, The Napoleonic Wars, Two World Wars and rationing and there are those on the Remain camp who are suffering a mass triggering because a democratic election didn't go the way they had hoped. :haughty:

If you're threatening to move to Germany or Canada or you're crying about how people who were less educated than you hijacked democracy, I think you should go, you're not cut out for reality and we're probably better off without you :cry:

I voted Remain and I was mildly disappointed by the result, but I'm going to suck it up like a big boy

ReputationRep:
    I intend to leave, not because I'm just whinging about the fact that the remain campaign lost, but because I feel my opinions and ethics don't agree with the direction this country is going, and I therefore agree with you. Britain is better off without me and I'm better off without it.

It has nothing to do with being middle-class, or mollycoddled, or anything along those lines. It simply boils down to the fact that I want to live in a country whose direction I am comfortable with. By creating this thread you are no better than the very people you are complaining about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    If you're threatening to move to Germany or Canada or you're crying about how people who were less educated than you hijacked democracy, I think you should go, you're not cut out for reality and we're probably better off without you :cry:
    You're right, I'm not cut out for a reality where the working class are led off a cliff by the pied pipers of the elite like Michael Gove and Boris Johnson.

This country is xenophobic, anti-science, anti-progress, we've "had enough of experts" and we have this disgusting illusion that we're better than everyone else because we're British.

I don't want any part in this, and I'd leave right now if I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    You're right, I'm not cut out for a reality where the working class are led off a cliff by the pied pipers of the elite like Michael Gove and Boris Johnson.

This country is xenophobic, anti-science, anti-progress, we've "had enough of experts" and we have this disgusting illusion that we're better than everyone else because we're British.

Then go.

ReputationRep:
    Deciding to move to another country is not invalid nor a sign of weakness. If someone wants to live in the EU with its benefits then why not? It's their decision. It is as legitimate as a reason to migrate as any other economic or social reason.

ReputationRep:
    Then go.
    I don't have enough money, because I'm part of the working class that's just ****ed itself with this stupid referendum. The working class that received the most money from the EU, and is now begging our government to guarantee that we still get that money after leaving.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have enough money, because I'm part of the working class that's just ****ed itself with this stupid referendum. The working class that received the most money from the EU, and is now begging our government to guarantee that we still get that money after leaving.
    You know what? We can still move to Scotland! I am genuinely thinking of this as a future plan.

ReputationRep:

Then move to Scotland or something, nobody is stopping you

ReputationRep:
    This nation has been through Civil War, The Napoleonic Wars, Two World Wars and rationing and there are those on the Remain camp who are suffering a mass triggering because a democratic election didn't go the way they had hoped. :haughty:

I voted Remain and I was mildly disappointed by the result, but I'm going to suck it up like a big boy
    Mollycoddled is the most middle-class word I have ever heard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Mollycoddled is the most middle-class word I have ever heard...
    My natural use of language would get me banned extremely quickly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.