The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL GCSE Mathematics B Unit 1-2016.

I sat the EDEXCEL Unit 1 Paper of Maths this month and for a 5 marker, the question said you had to work out an estimate. I wrote an answer by guessing and wrote down some random numbers to make it look like I had worked it out. It turns out that my answer was correct, but my working was wrong! The Edexcel mark scheme says you lose all marks if the working is wrong but you get the correct answer. Is this true? I really need to get a good grade to any marks I can get would be great. Please tell me I can get the marks!
I sat the same paper and we've been taught that you should get at least one mark if you've got the correct answer - potentially two, depending on the question. I may be completely and utterly wrong but if you've got the correct answer, you should get at least a mark - especially due to the fact that it was the Non-Calculator paper - so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm sure you will have done great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much! I hope I get 1 mark. Why does the mark scheme say "0 marks should be awarded" in this instance.
I honestly have no idea, but if you get the answer, whether it's by knowing the method or by pure chance, you should be awarded at least a mark :smile: - this is what our school teaches anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest