Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard somewhere that you can see A level results early on the UCAS website. IS THIS TRUE? Im not sure if im interested in checking, but I get very nervous on results day (couldnt sleep before the GCSE one). So, is the rumour true, and if so, how do you check them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I heard somewhere that you can see A level results early on the UCAS website. IS THIS TRUE? Im not sure if im interested in checking, but I get very nervous on results day (couldnt sleep before the GCSE one). So, is the rumour true, and if so, how do you check them?
    i had no idea about this!
    if its true, its great, i hate it when people ask me what i have got. i take my time opening the damn envelope!! please let me know if you find out!

ReputationRep:
    i think this is partly true....you can see if you've been accepted by a uni early in the morning of results day, but you won't know your grades (obviously you could get a rough idea though)- however i'm not completely sure about this...someone please correct me if i'm wrong...

ReputationRep:
    Apprantly they take the tracker down the night before results day, so that you can't actually see whether you got in or not. I'm not sure when exactly they put it back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Apprantly they take the tracker down the night before results day, so that you can't actually see whether you got in or not. I'm not sure when exactly they put it back up.
    oh, so what's the point in having it then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Last year they left the tracker unlocked all the time, so people could find out whether or they were accepted on the morning of their results.

However, this year it will be locked until noon (might be later) on results day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Just take a deep breath and be a man!

ReputationRep:
    i can get my A level edexcel results online from the british council webside, the cyprus one tho.... thats all i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    i think this is partly true....you can see if you've been accepted by a uni early in the morning of results day, but you won't know your grades (obviously you could get a rough idea though)- however i'm not completely sure about this...someone please correct me if i'm wrong...
    That's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Just take a deep breath and be a man!
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    LOL
    Could you 'h4x0r' the EDEXCEL server and give us all our results early?

ReputationRep:
    Could you 'h4x0r' the EDEXCEL server and give us all our results early?
    maybe i could just threaten to ddos them until they give our results

nah edexcel are cool, they have done me well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    maybe i could just threaten to ddos them until they give our results

nah edexcel are cool, they have done me well
    what is the exact website we go on to find out if weve been accepted on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    what is the exact website we go on to find out if weve been accepted on results day?
    http://your.local.school.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    http://www.ucas.com/ then click on track. You'll need your UCAS info and your password though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I feel sick just thinking about it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://your.local.school.com/
    oh, thats funny, i thought it was www.you-gimp.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay)
    oh, thats funny, i thought it was www.you-gimp.co.uk
    Not sure where you got that information from. Please elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    whats the point of getting your results in the morning? cos most schools give out results at 9am anyway. also, im not sure but i remember edexcel emailed schools the results early in jan , one week before they werte due out. problem is, the schools are shut so noone will know.....

ReputationRep:
    Not sure where you got that information from. Please elaborate.
    Proving my point, proving my point..

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.