This discussion is closed.
RobbieC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I heard somewhere that you can see A level results early on the UCAS website. IS THIS TRUE? Im not sure if im interested in checking, but I get very nervous on results day (couldnt sleep before the GCSE one). So, is the rumour true, and if so, how do you check them?
neha p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
I heard somewhere that you can see A level results early on the UCAS website. IS THIS TRUE? Im not sure if im interested in checking, but I get very nervous on results day (couldnt sleep before the GCSE one). So, is the rumour true, and if so, how do you check them?
i had no idea about this!
if its true, its great, i hate it when people ask me what i have got. i take my time opening the damn envelope!! please let me know if you find out!
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think this is partly true....you can see if you've been accepted by a uni early in the morning of results day, but you won't know your grades (obviously you could get a rough idea though)- however i'm not completely sure about this...someone please correct me if i'm wrong...
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apprantly they take the tracker down the night before results day, so that you can't actually see whether you got in or not. I'm not sure when exactly they put it back up.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
Apprantly they take the tracker down the night before results day, so that you can't actually see whether you got in or not. I'm not sure when exactly they put it back up.
oh, so what's the point in having it then? :confused:
currency_westlake
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Last year they left the tracker unlocked all the time, so people could find out whether or they were accepted on the morning of their results.

However, this year it will be locked until noon (might be later) on results day...
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Just take a deep breath and be a man!
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i can get my A level edexcel results online from the british council webside, the cyprus one tho.... thats all i know
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i think this is partly true....you can see if you've been accepted by a uni early in the morning of results day, but you won't know your grades (obviously you could get a rough idea though)- however i'm not completely sure about this...someone please correct me if i'm wrong...
That's right.
DazYaTTT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by capslock)
Just take a deep breath and be a man!
LOL
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYaTTT)
LOL
Could you 'h4x0r' the EDEXCEL server and give us all our results early?
DazYaTTT
Report 16 years ago
Could you 'h4x0r' the EDEXCEL server and give us all our results early?
maybe i could just threaten to ddos them until they give our results

nah edexcel are cool, they have done me well
alio
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYaTTT)
maybe i could just threaten to ddos them until they give our results

nah edexcel are cool, they have done me well
what is the exact website we go on to find out if weve been accepted on results day?
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by alio)
what is the exact website we go on to find out if weve been accepted on results day?
http://your.local.school.com/
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by alio)
http://www.ucas.com/ then click on track. You'll need your UCAS info and your password though.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh god I feel sick just thinking about it. :confused:
JayJay
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://your.local.school.com/
oh, thats funny, i thought it was www.you-gimp.co.uk
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JayJay)
oh, thats funny, i thought it was www.you-gimp.co.uk
Not sure where you got that information from. Please elaborate.
magiccarpet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whats the point of getting your results in the morning? cos most schools give out results at 9am anyway. also, im not sure but i remember edexcel emailed schools the results early in jan , one week before they werte due out. problem is, the schools are shut so noone will know.....
JayJay
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not sure where you got that information from. Please elaborate.
Proving my point, proving my point..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (1)
7.14%
Confident (5)
35.71%
Indifferent (0)
0%
Unsure (5)
35.71%
Worried (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads