Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Yeah, it's not fair. OUr college is not opening till 11am! :eek:
    Ours at 10 it's not on.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    I know! I can remember one morning I woke up (on GCSE results day at about 9ish) and there was this girl on the news waving her slips about bragging that she had got like 15 A*s or sumthing lol.

Not the best thing to hear when you are geting ready to go and collect your results!
    how do the people on am news get their results so early?

anyone at a comprehensive school do you know if the rumors of schools giving out results between 7:30-9 am instead of after 9, unofficially are true?

BIG tip: anyone worried about results day, go out an have a party and get so so hammered the night before. then you'll be too tired to be scared! and those waiting until 11am for results can be sleeping off the hangover!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    BIG tip: anyone worried about results day, go out an have a party and get so so hammered the night before. then you'll be too tired to be scared! and those waiting until 11am for results can be sleeping off the hangover!!!!

Unless you have to phone up the uni and convince them to takee you in which case a hangover would be a disadvantage.

MB

ReputationRep:
    hey look im a junior member!!!!!WOW!!!YAY!!!!!

i dont need no hangover im so happy to be a member!

ReputationRep:
    erm...congratulations? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Ours at 10 it's not on.... :mad:
    Yeah ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I can just see what I'm going to be doing the week leading up to results - logging onto UCAS every 2 mins to see if its up or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    Yeah ditto.
    Ours opens at 11am...the evilness of it...lazy buggers :mad: Oh the agony of waiting!

ReputationRep:
    I know my results already...but does anyone know when the BTEC certificates get sent out? I imagine it's the same as A-level results day...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the memories. :rolleyes:

Thank God I never have to go through this again.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I can just see what I'm going to be doing the week leading up to results - logging onto UCAS every 2 mins to see if its up or not!
    It wont be - as I said above the UCAS tracker is frozen for the entire week before results day and is only unfrozen at around midday on results day - by which time you should already have your results.

ReputationRep:
    i think it would prob b better on the net... with a password n username becuase itll be better than going to college, ad be scared of doing crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    how do the people on am news get their results so early?

anyone at a comprehensive school do you know if the rumors of schools giving out results between 7:30-9 am instead of after 9, unofficially are true?

I get them at midnight =D

ReputationRep:
    By the way guys, your teachers get them the day before. Like in January, when we were waiting for results day, our teachers knew our modular scores the day before we got them. They'll just never admit it usually (accidentally slipped out when I was in one's office once)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    By the way guys, your teachers get them the day before. Like in January, when we were waiting for results day, our teachers knew our modular scores the day before we got them. They'll just never admit it usually (accidentally slipped out when I was in one's office once)
    Yeah, I remember my teacher at high school accidentally let it slip that she knew our GCSE's results nearly a week before we found out.

PS. In reply to Pencil Queen(I think) - it's still worth a try! you never know....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    PS. In reply to Pencil (Ithink) - it's still worth a try! you never know....
    I do - I work for a uni and I'm involved with confirmation

UCAS made the mistake once and they're absolutely terrified of making it again...

ReputationRep:
    I get them at midnight =D
    huh?how?

do you think our teachers can give up the results when they get them?my chem class only has 5 people and the teacher is well ok. im sure she will email them out. is this allowed? and also, if the schools have them for the day before then how comes do they take so long on the 19th getting them out?

ReputationRep:
    EDEXCEL WERE FOUNDED BY SATAN

That is somewhat harsh

ReputationRep:
    I think a little bribery is needed in such situations... My teacher will be happy with a tenner I reckon...hahaha!!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, results day is going to be so nerve wracking.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.