Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm dealing with a really difficult situation and i need help.
    I'm from Greece and since i was 6 (i'm 18 now) it was my dream to move to Scotland and study. I finally accomplished my goal and i'm in Glasgow studying in a college. My problem is because my family is in Greece i have a really tight budget, and after 6 months applying everywhere for a part-time job i got a summer job in a real estate agent. My boss recently told me that she wants to offer me a full-time and that i have many opportunities if i continue because i had just got my first ever salary i was so excited and i said yes but i think i have regret it. Yesterday my college sent me an email saying that i pass all my classes i started crying, i don't know what to do everyday i change opinion. I know it's my decision but i need help.
    Please someone reply me.
    Thanks for your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumpkin97lev)
    Hi everyone,
    I'm from Greece and since i was 6 (i'm 18 now) it was my dream to move to Scotland and study. I finally accomplished my goal and i'm in Glasgow studying in a college. My problem is because my family is in Greece i have a really tight budget, and after 6 months applying everywhere for a part-time job i got a summer job in a real estate agent. My boss recently told me that she wants to offer me a full-time and that i have many opportunities if i continue because i had just got my first ever salary i was so excited and i said yes but i think i have regret it. Yesterday my college sent me an email saying that i pass all my classes i started crying, i don't know what to do everyday i change opinion. I know it's my decision but i need help.
    Please someone reply me.
    Thanks for your time.
    Well, what do u want to do in ur life, do u want to take the job and work as a real estate agent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-bhakti-patel)
    Well, what do u want to do in ur life, do u want to take the job and work as a real estate agent?
    Thanks for your reply,
    Everyday i change my mind, but it's my dream to be a nurse and i also moved here to study that. But i also need the money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply,
    Everyday i change my mind, but it's my dream to be a nurse and i also moved here to study that. But i also need the money.
    So, you actually really want to become a nurse that is good, and dont u have the money in order to go into that career, and what qualifications do u have u may be as u may be able to get a job in it?

ReputationRep:
    I still have 5 or 4 years of studies, i can work as a carer or auxiliary nurse but i have no luck to find a job in the health sector.

ReputationRep:
    I still have 5 or 4 years of studies, i can work as a carer or auxiliary nurse but i have no luck to find a job in the health sector.
    Of course u do dont feel like that, there is always a way in which u will be able to find some employment oppurtunities, dont worry, and even if u dont ik for a fcat after u complete ur studies, everything will be fine and u may even decide that being a nurse may not be for u

ReputationRep:
    I guess you're right. Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Please someone reply me.
    Thanks for your time.
    I think while you are working at the estate agents still look for a job in nursing.
    Look online for agencies that find people jobs in nursing
    If that's what you really want to do earn enough money to save up then think about going back to college or uni to study nursing and try to find a part time job that fits in with your studying.
    If you do go back to studying one day then a useful website to look at is
    www.studentjobs.co.uk
    Or a similar website in Glasgow but sometimes on that website i have seen jobs in Gladgow and other areas so it's worth taking a look.

Or apply for Trainee Recruitment Consultant jobs, you don't need any experience and you can make a lot of money. Apply for these jobs online or ask about those jobs in an employment agency in Glasgow and nursing jobs. Ring agencies and ask what you need to do to get a nursing job but right now i think estate agents earn a lot of money
    It's not the end of the world because you can see if you enjoy working as an estate agent and if you don't after a few months or one year then persue the nursing job or college that you want to do.

I decided I want to go back to a music college which is what i always wanted to do and what i should have done many years ago but i kept putting it off so now i am determined and have finally decided to do it and i have been on a couple of open days it's really annoying that when i wanted a job and applied for so many i never got any replies or interviews but now i get quite a few replies, telephone interviews, interviews in person for Trainee recruitment jobs so it really pisses me off because i really want to go back to college to study music so my dilemma is to do something i always wanted to do or go back to work but i decided music college is best for me because even though it is hard to get a job sometimes it is easier to get jobs as a carer with no experience or a catering job with no experience part time that fits in with my studies. And Trainee recruitment jobs are easy for anyone to get if they have a degree or any other qualifications or it's easy to get any jobs by going to an agency on the local high street to get a job but most people don't know that because they can't be bothered to try and if one agency does not get people jobs they give up and don't bother to try lots of different ones on the high street or in a different area.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.