Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. Britain engages article 50 giving a two year deadline.

2. The EU, thinking pragmatically, offers a substantial reform package to the entire EU which offers reforms in the key areas which led to Brexit and which it failed to offer during Cameron's negotiations.

3. Britain provides a further referendum to the public in light of this new reform package and promises to continue to work to the two year deadline if the answer is still Brexit. If the answer is remain then article 50 is cancelled.

Unlikely, but the only possible way we could stay in the EU.

I really do think the EU should consider it.

ReputationRep:
    We can hope

ReputationRep:
    We can hope, especially now that Nigel Farage has admitted that the voting to leave promises were a lie to get people to Brexit... Foolish voters, couldn't even see past Farage's propaganda and they expect to thrive outside the EU? Smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    We can hope, especially now that Nigel Farage has admitted that the voting to leave promises were a lie to get people to Brexit... Foolish voters, couldn't even see past Farage's propaganda and they expect to thrive outside the EU? Smh.
    The EU is too stubborn to consider this unfortunately I fear. It would only do this in desperate circumstances, i.e. if the EU started to seriously fall apart and getting Britain back in the fold increased the prospect of it staying together.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.