Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday i went to the city centre and suddenly noticed this foreign middleaged guy following me around into a few shops...so to ensure he was following me, i walked into an underwear shop and he even followed me there..after a few more shops and him following me around a little more i was well and truely sick and tired of his stalking and gave him an awful dirty look that scared him off and he no longer followed me...but i also felt extremely guilty as to how scary i must've looked that he escaped...lol
    What would you do if the same thing happened to you?

ReputationRep:
    ouch! i would give dirty looks or walk in to a shop and stay there til he got bored.
    if that doesnt work id go into a shop where theres a guy who can stall him while i get away!!

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me about five months ago, I just started walking faster, got out my phone and fortunately enough I got to my mother's building and walked up to the Foyer guy and told him. The guy who was following me didn't bother coming into the building.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Yesterday i went to the city centre and suddenly noticed this foreign middleaged guy following me around into a few shops...so to ensure he was following me, i walked into an underwear shop and he even followed me there..after a few more shops and him following me around a little more i was well and truely sick and tired of his stalking and gave him an awful dirty look that scared him off and he no longer followed me...but i also felt extremely guilty as to how scary i must've looked that he escaped...lol
    i would have piped up a convo with him..or lead him to the girls underwer section (the wierdo) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i would have piped up a convo with him..or lead him to the girls underwer section (the wierdo) :rolleyes:
    i did so...i went to the bra section and stood there for a few minutes..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    i did so...i went to the bra section and stood there for a few minutes..lol
    your joking! he actually followed you in there?! did he pretend to look at some stuff or what? i think that is the point i would have questioned him:

me: oh..we seem to be bumping in a lot today! where are you off too next?

:rolleyes: hate people like that!

ReputationRep:
    your joking! he actually followed you in there?! did he pretend to look at some stuff or what? i think that is the point i would have questioned him:

me: oh..we seem to be bumping in a lot today! where are you off too next?

:rolleyes: hate people like that!
    Yeah, i was in two minds whether to walk up to one of the assistants and tell them this guy is really shy and wishes to buy a bra for his wife but can't make his mind up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Yeah, i was in two minds whether to walk up to one of the assistants and tell them this guy is really shy and wishes to buy a bra for his wife but can't make his mind up!
    lmao..you should have done that!!! i have an image of his face in my head and it is getting funnier and funnier!! thing is when i do stuff like that im generally on my own, and im not one that can stop laughing instantly...i have giggly outbursts for about 15 mins, and its soo embarassing when you walk along completely alone laughing to yourself! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    i think i would of walked into any cloths shop look around for a while... then get the shop assistant chat to her n he would think i was asking for sizes etc tell him hes following me n she would call security to come pick him up .....all in all very scary

ReputationRep:
    lmao..you should have done that!!! i have an image of his face in my head and it is getting funnier and funnier!! thing is when i do stuff like that im generally on my own, and im not one that can stop laughing instantly...i have giggly outbursts for about 15 mins, and its soo embarassing when you walk along completely alone laughing to yourself! :rolleyes:
    Tell me about it...I thought i was only like that...I can just laugh because of a mnetal image for ages and noone can stop me....but people think i've really lost the plot..hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Tell me about it...I thought i was only like that...I can just laugh because of a mnetal image for ages and noone can stop me....but people think i've really lost the plot..hehe
    wow..someone else like me!! i get so many sympathetic looks from random people on the streets. i have tried looking right down, but then that makes me laugh even more! did he look like a tourist? i have an image of a businessman in a black suit and tie carry a briefcase. hehe!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    oh!! you should of done that!!!
    i would have started laughing if i was to tell the assistants that! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    wow..someone else like me!! i get so many sympathetic looks from random people on the streets. i have tried looking right down, but then that makes me laugh even more! did he look like a tourist? i have an image of a businessman in a black suit and tie carry a briefcase. hehe!
    xx
    No a short stumpy iranian looking guy with a black moustache a black and white stripy shirt, black trousers and a brief case in his 40's lol...he looked hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    oh!! you should of done that!!!
    i would have started laughing if i was to tell the assistants that! :eek:
    I can really appear serious when making up something like that...the only issue would be that if he tells them i was saying a load of bs they'd be onto my case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    No a short stumpy iranian looking guy with a black moustache a black and white stripy shirt, black trousers and a brief case in his 40's lol...he looked hilarious
    hehe..i wish i was with you! i cant look at those people without cracking up! if one followed me around for a day i would be in hysterics!! i admire you for not letting your emotions show!hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I can really appear serious when making up something like that...the only issue would be that if he tells them i was saying a load of bs they'd be onto my case...
    lol not if you walk out of the shop just as the assistant speaks to him

I'd need to leave the house at least sometimes to be entirely certain, though i'd probably scowl at them as well, so no guilt required.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.