Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is anybody doing the Primary PGCE in Swansea Met in September?

ReputationRep:
    Me! Very excited, can't believe how close it's getting now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmaiden)
    Me! Very excited, can't believe how close it's getting now!
    I know, it's flying by! there doesn't seem to be many people on here that're doing it though.
    You doing FP or KS2? Did you go to that induction day too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyyf)
    I know, it's flying by! there doesn't seem to be many people on here that're doing it though.
    You doing FP or KS2? Did you go to that induction day too?
    It's mad, I can't believe it's only weeks away! My interview was in November and September was a long time away! I'm doing KS2, you? I didn't go, I was on holiday. Gutted. Did you go?

ReputationRep:
    Found a page for our course in Swansea on Facebook if you're on there to join, https://www.facebook.com/groups/114250509004451/

ReputationRep:
    It's mad, I can't believe it's only weeks away! My interview was in November and September was a long time away! I'm doing KS2, you? I didn't go, I was on holiday. Gutted. Did you go?
    Would you be able to give any advice on the interview and tips i have an interview in December and have already been unsuccessful in Cardiff Met

ReputationRep:
    Have you been given a breakdown of the interview day? For mine we had literacy and numeracy tests, a written test (marking a piece of work) and the interview itself.For the interview, I would say that ‘why do you want to teach?’ will come up. Be honest, use any experience to elaborate. Donaldson will probably come up so swot up on the coming curriculum changes. Have an idea of what your ideal classroom would look like (use Donaldson for this, classroom management conducive to learning, happy children etc). Can’t really remember that much about it as it was 2 years ago (flown by!). But it gives you a basic idea. Be confident, show some passion for teaching but be natural. PGCE course in Swansea is fab, I graduated in July. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Have you been given a breakdown of the interview day? For mine we had literacy and numeracy tests, a written test (marking a piece of work) and the interview itself.For the interview, I would say that ‘why do you want to teach?’ will come up. Be honest, use any experience to elaborate. Donaldson will probably come up so swot up on the coming curriculum changes. Have an idea of what your ideal classroom would look like (use Donaldson for this, classroom management conducive to learning, happy children etc). Can’t really remember that much about it as it was 2 years ago (flown by!). But it gives you a basic idea. Be confident, show some passion for teaching but be natural. PGCE course in Swansea is fab, I graduated in July. Good luck!
    Thank you for your response, i really want to teach and am devastated that i have been unsuccessful at cardiff but don't want to make same mistakes. I have to do a written task which has been broken down to "You will also be asked to complete a written
    task. This is designed to assess your critical and reflective capacities which are characteristics evident in writing at a postgraduate level. We will also be looking at your writing style and presentation of your written work" which I'm extremely worried about

ReputationRep:
    The written task I did was marking a piece of work. I think it was an extract from a PGCE essay that had SPaG errors etc which we had to mark. We then had to write what feedback we would give, strengths and weaknesses etc. I wouldn’t worry about it. It was nothing like what I had prepared for and just did my best, which I’m sure you will do also. From your description it sounds like it could be something similar to what I did. They just want to see that you can write at Level 7. When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    The written task I did was marking a piece of work. I think it was an extract from a PGCE essay that had SPaG errors etc which we had to mark. We then had to write what feedback we would give, strengths and weaknesses etc. I wouldn’t worry about it. It was nothing like what I had prepared for and just did my best, which I’m sure you will do also. From your description it sounds like it could be something similar to what I did. They just want to see that you can write at Level 7. When is your interview?
    My interview is on the 13th December, but i have found out tonight i have been unsuccessful from Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    I’m sorry to hear that. I had an interview for Cardiff Met but didn’t go because I had an offer from Swansea. The interview day for Cardiff sounded quite full on if I remember rightly. I’m sure everything will be be fine for the 13th

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have been offered a conditional for Swansea 2018!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.14)
    Hey! I have been offered a conditional for Swansea 2018!!!
    Congratulation!! What was the written task in the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompson96)
    Congratulation!! What was the written task in the interview?
    Thank you! Im very excites. I just need to do an English equivalency exam first.
    The written task was to mark/critique a written piece of work by a University student..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.14)
    Thank you! Im very excites. I just need to do an English equivalency exam first.
    The written task was to mark/critique a written piece of work by a University student..
    That is brilliant! Hopefully I’ll be on the course to! Did you find it diffucult to mark/ critique the peice of work? Like what are they looking for?

ReputationRep:
    How long did you have to wait after the interview to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlos)
    How long did you have to wait after the interview to hear back from them?
    They said i would hear within a week snand d I had a reply after 6 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.14)
    They said i would hear within a week snand d I had a reply after 6 days
    Oh that’s pretty fast, got my interview next week so hoping it’ll go okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlos)
    Oh that’s pretty fast, got my interview next week so hoping it’ll go okay!

Im sure you'll be fine!
    Just come across confident in yourself and dedicated to teaching!
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompson96)
    That is brilliant! Hopefully I’ll be on the course to! Did you find it diffucult to mark/ critique the peice of work? Like what are they looking for?
    I found the marking part the easiest. Its pretty laid back and I think we had about 15 minutes to read through it and mark. I concentrated on punctuation, grammar and sentence structure

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.