Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do people think of the UK leaving the in EU watch

ReputationRep:
    The uks now left the EU the votes where close but leaving won by 3 percent I was but pissed what does everyone think and how would it affect your lives

ReputationRep:
    No-one really has mentioned it. It's been a quiet day on the forums.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it 4%
    All Ive come across is that Poland are disappointed, Angela merkel too, that French guy saying we must focus on strengthening the rest of Europe, and Jean-Claude saying the British gvt has to not waste time in bringing change about early to avoid uncertainty

ReputationRep:
    It certainly has torn our country apart. I love where I live and have decided that despite disagreeing with the outcome, the only civilised way of getting through this havoc is to unite the country together rather than focus on anything else. It seems unfair however that because of an older generation, my generation has to go through this drama and come out with the least anyway. Immigration was never really a major problem, neither was the economy. The problem was the fear mongering tactics that both parties had implemented on the general public, often misinforming them and swaying them on different paths to get votes. Even though many are proud that the UK will be an independent country, as they are entitled to be, I fear for the future of our generation, and what 'scapegoat' we will use next when something inevitably f"cks up.

Why do ppl blame everything on immigration

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it might of been 4, why are Poland pissed, we should strengthen the rest of europe we gotta stick up for them, I'm dreading the future of Britain just hope there ain't no major changes

ReputationRep:
    That's the reason why people voted to leave the EU

ReputationRep:
    Trust me everybody's in shock

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I got a feeling that things will change for the worst the UK was really racist at my parents time before the UK joined eu 43 years ago, most older generation people voted to leave most want the UK to be like 50-60 years ago when there was no immigrants etc, Britain needs support from the EU we should just stick together for the best, the economy is gonna he a lot worse prices are gonna go up the economy's gonna get worse, trust this country's completely ****ed the futures just gonna get worse hope for the best be prepared for the worse

ReputationRep:
    I think it's one the most inspiring and hopeful developments in world politics that I've seen in a long time. I hope that this starts a chain reaction of European countries demanding their sovereignty back from the EU. If the EU dissolves or diminishes as an economic bloc, then Britain will be on equal footing with other countries.

The worst-case scenario is if every other European country stays in and insists that you follow EU rules in order to trade with them, which would defeat the whole purpose of voting leave to start with. But if other countries also leave the EU and everyone ends up negotiating their own trade terms with Britain, then the fallout won't be quite as bad.

I really think anti-EU sentiment is higher in Europe than is commonly realized. The result of this campaign has emboldened leave movements in France and the Netherlands. Hopefully, the EU falls apart before it manages to enforce any kind of economic sanctions or "punishments" against Britain for leaving.

A lot of us here in Texas were sympathetic to the Brexit cause, and most of us are cheering for Britain now. Many longtime secessionists wish we could leave the US that peacefully and easily.

ReputationRep:
    I'm American so I don't have any knowledge on Uk politics but I heard on some Americans website since its pretty big even to non Brits. I heard it would make it harder for immigrants to live and stay in the Uk. I don't think that's right. I understand that everyone is on high alert after reading articles of immigrants injuring citizens and displaying bad behavior but I don't its right to prevent most immigrants from entering the UK because they work too and boost up the economy as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's going to turn out bad since where not in the EU we can't get support from other European countries etc I wish we could go back in the EU now, since tradinga going to be difficult that means flights to like Turkey would be so expensive

ReputationRep:
    Are you from the states has America got a lot of immigrants, I like a good mix I want more immigrants to come over London borough of bexley a lot of them voted out that's one of the most racist boroughs in London immigrants don't really injure people they usually keep themselves to themselves they boost the economy a lot

ReputationRep:
    Immigration was the major factor within the leave campaign. The reason many people think that immigration is a bad thing is because they actually live in areas that are directly effected by it. If something effects your life and reduces your quality of life and you are then given a chance to hopefully change it.. then this leave vote was that chance.

People do realise the positives that immigration can bring and most are happy with a diverse population and many people from different cultures and races can get along.. this wasn't the issue. The issues are:

1) Media propaganda showing Muslims being the cause of extremism and terrorism.
    2) The media manipulation of the refugee crisis.. and the statistics of immigrants being allowed into the UK from Eastern Europe.
    3) Public services being over subscribed, ie school places and doctors appointments etc.. a personal example being sat in a doctors waiting room and it being full and mainly occupied by people speaking in a non English language..
    4) For various reasons including culture, language barriers, integration is not successful. Certain areas become mainly one race areas and even to the point that an English person is not safe to walk in these areas.
    5) For various reasons including culture and religion, for example Muslim women are treated differently to English women and both find this hard to accept or even unacceptable. This can put strains on relationships between different religious groups, as well as other similar reasons.
    6) Political Correctness that seems to show minority groups given preferences and the race card used to often. Not allowed to offend certain groups in England by putting up an English Flag? No more singing Baa Baa Black Sheep, etc..
    7) Unemployment - and that Immigrants are wiling to work for lower wages is seen negatively by native British people, especially unemployed people who might have work if immigrants had not taken the jobs.. I feel personally, the best person gets the job, to be fair! Many don't see it this way of course!
    8) I am sure there are more reasons.. so yes immigration was a huge factor.

ReputationRep:
    Immigration is good I like a mixture of cultures, like for example East London has a lot of immigrants places like Mike end are really run down and yeah your right about the positives wish people can understand

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.