Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Juncker is an alcoholic failure (amazing footage of him drunk at world meeting) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Juncker's incompetence, high-handedness, arrogance and hardline commitment to European federalism are the reason the UK is now on the Leave track. He could have given a reasonable deal to the UK and that would have closed that gap of a few points. Instead he dismissed Cameron as a supplicant and sent him away with almost nothing, assuming that the British people would accept what they were given.

Now Juncker is demanding the UK trigger Article 50 immediately so we get out as soon as possible. He of course knows that doing so would reduce the UK's bargaining power. But I mean, really, why does the EU even allow this incompetent drunkard to manage its affairs? This article says it all

A former Tory Foreign Office Minister who has worked with him closely said he drinks so heavily he ‘dribbles’ during meetings and is often ‘incapable of working after lunchtime’
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ucas-hour.html

Check out this amazing footage where Juncker is clearly drunk at a meeting of world leaders; he manhandles them and even slaps them in the face. He can barely stand, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Also, he turned up for a press conference today and agreed to answer "two and a half questions" (that's EU accountability for you).

The second question went to a BBC reporter who asked him whether this was the beginning of the end for the EU. He snapped "No!" and then stormed out of the room. Embarrassingly, fanatical euro-propagandists (or "journalists" as they claim to be called) in the press room hysterically applauded that **** move.

I'm afraid there's an aggressive, pugilistic mindset amongst the euro elites and their hangers on (journalists who work the Brussels beat, EU lobbyists, commission civil servants) for which they are extremely hostile to the UK, inclined to insult it as a backward and provincial country and determined to punish it for leaving.

http://qz.com/715946/juncker-perform...he-eu-is-nigh/

Juncker epitomises that set, and he will do all that is possible to harm the UK. His aggression and poor judgment is, unfortunately, aggravated by his alcoholism. German industry will step in at some point to call the crazy game to order and ensure a smooth transition and coming to terms on trade agreements and market access. Until then...

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha it's so fun seeing you make irrelevant excuses when you realise your mistakes.

Brexit needs to happen asap so as to make the efforts toward stability as strong as possible. Did you expect a whole continent, not to say the world, to wait till the UK does its thing at its leisure?

You voted Brexit. Well, you'll have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Juncker is a bit eccentric, but a better man than our philandering, opportunistic and fundamentally dishonest soon to be prime minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Hahaha it's so fun seeing you make irrelevant excuses when you realise your mistakes.
    I have no idea what you're babbling about. I voted Leave and I'm glad I did. The FTSE 100 closed higher today than it opened on Monday. The economy is fine, the hysterical short-term predictions of the Remainers have been proven false

Brexit needs to happen asap so as to make the efforts toward stability as strong as possible. Did you expect a whole continent, not to say the world, to wait till the UK does its thing at its leisure?
    The UK has no obligation to trigger Article 50 on the Commission's timetable. The longer we wait the more uncertainty for them, so it's in their interests to give us a good deal

You voted Brexit. Well, you'll have it.
    Good, that's precisely why I voted Leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Juncker is a bit eccentric
    A bit eccentric? A bit eccentric is engaging in train spotting as a hobby or being into feet in a sexual way.

Juncker is an alcoholic disgrace who is incapacitated for half the day in a paralytic alcohol haze. Such a man lacks the capacity to carry out these vital negotiations that are of a highly technical nature and require the ability to absorb lots of data and exercise good judgment. Juncker cannot in any serious way meet that requirement, and as is well known alcoholism (and the resulting dementia) aggravates the alcoholics aggressive and destructive tendencies. Putting a man like that in charge of the exit negotiations is like putting a drunk behind the wheel of a ten tonne truck and hoping for the best.

but a better man than our philandering, opportunistic and fundamentally dishonest soon to be prime minister.
    I'm no fan of Boris Johnson but is his personal life really any of your concern? Does it impact on his ability to do his job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    I have no idea what you're babbling about. I voted Leave and I'm glad I did. The FTSE 100 closed higher today than it opened on Monday. The economy is fine, the hysterical short-term predictions of the Remainers have been proven false

The UK has no obligation to trigger Article 50 on the Commission's timetable. The longer we wait the more uncertainty for them, so it's in their interests to give us a good deal

Good, that's precisely why I voted Leave.
    Please don't talk about matters you don't even comprehend at a basic level. 2tn was wiped off worldwide, and much of it domestically. The only reason the FTSE went up (STILL AT A LOSS) is because the BoE announced that it's willing to stimulate the economy, ie QE which always shows signs of weak economy. And this was just the referendum. Wait till the UK actually leaves. It'll be today, several times worse.

Also, well done on wrecking the pound.

The more you wait, the more the uncertainty for you too. Can't believe you're actually that illiterate (wait, not surprised). Rest assured that their lawyers will find a way to speed things up - and if not, at least it'll give Scotland and Ireland more time to actually provide for their independence.

Doesn't seem like it - you're here whining that it's way too early and crap. Seems like someone is scared. But that's understandable.

But yeah, good luck regardless. I'll reap the benefits of the crushed pound - meanwhile, live well with your massive deficit and higher prices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If he touched me like that he'd be getting Anthony Joshua'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Can't believe you're actually that illiterate (wait, not surprised).
    You appear to be under a great misapprehension as to the meaning of illiteracy. I wonder if you can grasp the irony there.

In any case you are becoming highly emotional and hysterical. You are obviously extremely butthurt and you are lashing out. Twinned with your obvious low intelligence and painfully clunky and immature prose style, I perceive little profit or enjoyment to be had in engaging with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    A bit eccentric? A bit eccentric is engaging in train spotting as a hobby or being into feet in a sexual way.

Juncker is an alcoholic disgrace who is incapacitated for half the day in a paralytic alcohol haze. Such a man lacks the capacity to carry out these vital negotiations that are of a highly technical nature and require the ability to absorb lots of data and exercise good judgment. Juncker cannot in any serious way meet that requirement, and as is well known alcoholism (and the resulting dementia) aggravates the alcoholics aggressive and destructive tendencies. Putting a man like that in charge of the exit negotiations is like putting a drunk behind the wheel of a ten tonne truck and hoping for the best.
    Lmao get real.

ReputationRep:
    Its cheaper for America to invest in us and for Americans to come on holiday here, things are more complex than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Lmao get real.
    You're telling me to get real? Come on, if you're honest with yourself whatever way you voted you can't defend a man in a very senior position turning up to meetings of world leaders drunk and slapping them in the face.

When the leader of Hungary arrived he said "Hey dictator" and slapped him in the face. That's insane. He also told another leader to bow to him so he could kiss his bald head.

I think that in the past, a tribal and kneejerk tendency to justify whatever the EU does on the basis that no faults can be admitted is how we ended up where we are now. If the EU's supporters are unable to engage in honest criticism of their own system, it will wither and die

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me to get real? Come on, if you're honest with yourself whatever way you voted you can't defend a man in a very senior position turning up to meetings of world leaders drunk and slapping them in the face.

When the leader of Hungary arrived he said "Hey dictator" and slapped him in the face. That's insane. He also told another leader to bow to him so he could kiss his bald head.

I think that in the past, a tribal and kneejerk tendency to justify whatever the EU does on the basis that no faults can be admitted is how we ended up where we are now. If the EU's supporters are unable to engage in honest criticism of their own system, it will wither and die
    That sounds hilarious. I don't really see the problem if all the leaders took it well. They're co workers and should have a good relationship. If we was acting like this toward leaders like Putin where relations are strained it would be entirely different, but he's not.

All that matters to me is whether he's good at his job. I couldn't care less about his public image. I'm sick of being ruled by idiots elected because of their public image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    That sounds hilarious. I don't really see the problem if all the leaders took it well. They're co workers and should have a good relationship. If we was acting like this toward leaders like Putin where relations are strained it would be entirely different, but he's not.
    You don't see the problem of someone turning up to important diplomatic meetings drunk? If a normal person did that they would be sacked for gross misconduct. And you don't know whether they took it well or not; what else could they do? As often happens, people are so shocked and embarrassed when someone's mental illness starts to protrude into their public actions that they are stunned into silence. In the video you can see how uncomfortable Tusk is.

All that matters to me is whether he's good at his job. I couldn't care less about his public image. I'm sick of being ruled by idiots elected because of their public image.
    Many of his colleagues say he's not good at his job. Commission civil servants have asked him to step down twice before, and are now briefing the media about that.

I agree that public image is often completely bogus. For example, Juncker's public image as a hard-working, competent civil servant when no-one in the commission sees him that way.

Juncker has an extremely peremptory management style that simply is not suited to the current major challenges facing the EU. It's quite possible there will be a Dutch Nexit referendum next year or the year after if the polls are correct and the PVV becomes the largest party in the Dutch parliament. Such challenges require a very deft touch, sophisticated handling and good judgment. It seems odd to me that the desire to defend the EU crosses over into justifying completely unjustifiable and bizarre things like putting a violent alcoholic in charge of the most important European institution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    They didn't expect it. If they had expected it, I think some of them would have slapped him back harder. I know I would.

ReputationRep:
    You appear to be under a great misapprehension as to the meaning of illiteracy. I wonder if you can grasp the irony there.

In any case you are becoming highly emotional and hysterical. You are obviously extremely butthurt and you are lashing out. Twinned with your obvious low intelligence and painfully clunky and immature prose style, I perceive little profit or enjoyment to be had in engaging with you
    Illiterate (Merriam Webster): having or showing a lack of knowledge about a particular subject.

It appears someone else thought illiteracy has a singular meaning. I wonder if you grasp the terrible irony here :rolleyes: As I said though, not at all surprised.

Hahaha here goes the ad hominem. It's always nice to know someone has lost the argument when they evade the whole post and instead post entirely imaginary scenarios. We get it - you along most Leave voters fail to grasp basic principles of economics. At least don't flaunt it.

All in all, I've seen you use this 'hysteria/mad' point to every single thread I have seen you participate. Perhaps you need to evaluate your argumentative skills and... you know... become less emotional.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.