Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi people. my son finished 2nd year medicine in a polish (English language) university. he like to come back to Britain and continue over here in the UK.
    the question is how he can apply if he can and get educational loan? or can he continue if he would be able to pay in privet and not using government fund? how much would be the cost of studying medicine in a privet university? my son is a UK national

cheers
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by unidad)
    Hi people. my son finished 2nd year medicine in a polish (English language) university. he like to come back to Britain and continue over here in the UK.
    the question is how he can apply if he can and get educational loan? or can he continue if he would be able to pay in privet and not using government fund? how much would be the cost of studying medicine in a privet university? my son is a UK national

cheers
    There is a very strict quota for medicine students in the UK, and spaces arising other than in the first year is very rare. I suspect your son would have to apply from scratch and start in year 1. The only way to be sure would be to contact the admissions staff of the universities he is interested in and see if they would accet a transfer if a place because available.

The situation might be different at the University of Buckingham (the only private university that does medicine iirc) - again, you'd have to contact them directly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.