Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive not had many jobs but after making it on the career ladder I want to know if this is normal, my job makes me feel:

Sick- physically sick this morning I nearly puked up

Constantly nervous and on edge

Dread of walking through the doors in the morning

Wanting the weekend to never end

Is this normal working life issues? Do other people feel like this? I ask because Im getting to the point where I may have to give it up tbh the area of work isnt for me, the only issue is finding a new career path..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What industry are you working in? Doesn't sound entirely normal unless you work under extreme conditions where your every move is analysed.

ReputationRep:
    Last two points, very normal. I'd think a lot of people think that.

First two points far more worrying. If you are being physically sick and are always on edge, that isn't good nor normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thing is Im not sure if its the company or industry I am looking for a new job I cant take it anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    Thing is Im not sure if its the company or industry I am looking for a new job I cant take it anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As someone who has worked in a number of truly awful jobs and is now in one I enjoy - emphatically NO, that is not normal, or at least that is not okay.

Most people get that "oh well, work again!" feeling from time to time but you shouldn't be walking up to the door feeling dread and wishing the weekend would never end and the first two things you listed are really not okay. There are other jobs out there that won't make you feel that way - you just have to have the courage to leave your current job and find them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive not had many jobs but after making it on the career ladder I want to know if this is normal, my job makes me feel:

Is this normal working life issues? Do other people feel like this? I ask because Im getting to the point where I may have to give it up tbh the area of work isnt for me, the only issue is finding a new career path..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it's not okay.

Find another job asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's normal if you're in the wrong job and/or the wrong field entirely. If it makes you feel that bad, then I think you should start exploring other options. It's not OK to feel like that, esecially if you have the choice to move in a different direction. Nobody is expected to have the same type of job for life any more. Start looking and good luck.

If it helps, I've learned to trust my gut in such matters after 20+ years of being an unhappy employee, and it's working out fine so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.