Scroll to see replies

on a bmt get glycolic acid works in a month
Reply 21
Original post by ajaxkiller
on a bmt get glycolic acid works in a month

thanks fam any particular product? :biggrin:
Reply 22
Good point, I'm kind of keen to get rid though haha :redface:

GL with dealing with the acne scars :smile: My twin uses Bio oil on hers and shes says it helps a lot :smile:
Reply 23
That sucks :s-smilie: Thanks for your advice anyway, hopefully that soap should do the trick :thumbsup:
Original post by Desi123
I wear sun screen all the time and I have Asian skin, but theres an obvious tiny dark sun spot on my cheek today :frown:

Anyone removed these before? Are creams like retinol or lasers good?

I know your struggle, I have pityriasis versicolor which first appeared a few years ago on my chest and even on my face. They first prescribed me this dandruff shampoo which I had to rub on the white spots (who knows why lol).

Then, to fully get rid of this, you had to tan, so in perfect timing I went to Jamaica and got black as f*ck (I'm mixed race so I tan very easily) but it didn't work so I was prescribed a cream when I got back from Jamaica, which if I'm honest I haven't really used. I'm really not too bothered about it because it has definitely faded on my face. It's harmless as well so I cba to put that cream on for nothing :smile:

I'm not saying this is what you have, just saying I can relate lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by romansholiday
I know your struggle, I have pityriasis versicolor which first appeared a few years ago on my chest and even on my face. They first prescribed me this dandruff shampoo which I had to rub on the white spots (who knows why lol).

Then, to fully get rid of this, you had to tan, so in perfect timing I went to Jamaica and got black as f*ck (I'm mixed race so I tan very easily) but i didn't work so I was prescribed a cream when I got back from Jamaica, which if I'm honest I haven't really used. I'm really not too bothered about it because it has definitely faded on my face. It's harmless as well so I cba to put that cream on for nothing :smile:

I'm not saying this is what you have, just saying I can relate lol.

Why did you have to use dandruff shampoo? My housemate has some so I might borrow it.
Original post by Desi123

Why did you have to use dandruff shampoo? My housemate has some so I might borrow it.

Because this pigmentation was caused by yeast or something, so they told me to use this dandruff shampoo lol. It was disgusting smelling shampoo. I recommend you go to your doctor, don't put shampoo on without getting advice because you probably won't have the same thing I had.

EDIT: The shampoo was antifungal and contained selenium sulfide
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by romansholiday
Because this pigmentation was caused by yeast or something, so they told me to use this dandruff shampoo lol. It was disgusting smelling shampoo. I recommend you go to your doctor, don't put shampoo on without getting advice because you probably won't have the same thing I had.

EDIT: The shampoo was antifungal and contained selenium sulfide

Oh :colondollar: Yeah, it's a sunspot lol so nothing fungal. I'm seeing my GP next week so fingers crossed, thanks for your help :smile:
Hello

I have a few suggestions...

Exfoliating can help lighten your sunspots because the pigment from the spots are carried up from the living cells into the dead cells above. Exfoliating removes these dead cells - pigment and all. Either “physical” exfoliation (scrubs) or chemical exfoliation is used. Chemical exfoliation involves the use of creams like AHAs and BHAs to loosen the glue that holds the dead cells onto your skin. When you loosen the “glue” the cells come off better, giving you even greater results.

Retinoids also exfoliate skin. Additionally, they are powerful collagen-production stimulators, which means they help reduce wrinkles and other signs of skin raging.

Adding a topical vitamin C product can help to turn down pigment production, which lightens sunspots. The effect is mild, but vitamin C products have other anti-aging benefits, such as the ability to stimulate collagen formation.

Use Sun protection. Any UV ray from the sun will darken your sunspots. This means that the sun that comes through windows, that bounces off cement or water, or that passes through clouds will worsen your sunspots. Use minimum SPF 30.

If there is any doubt about the nature of the brown sunspot, do go to the doctor.

Hope this helps

Liz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending