Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advise on LDR/brexit (You know who you are I ain't going anony) Watch

ReputationRep:
    His very left-wing, in the most liberal area of Italy which makes him emotionally attached to Europe, I tried to avoid telling him I voting/voted out but he said he would respect it.

I said I voted out, he tried to talk Britain down but I said what reality would be we both said in a calm way, but I noticed he was hiding his emotions inside blocking from telling ( I can tell what people can feel unless they block aka. neutral )

All of a sudden after talking this he just turned off video call, went off skype. I go on facebook and I see him online not even reading what I said there either, I said " you going to answer than? " as he said we would talk for 2 hours, instead 15 minutes after I said out and defending UK, he thinks its a meltdown of UK like a 3rd world country.

He then goes offline without answering, and on skype is blocked (as thats what offline means now) so I'm wondering what you guys would do? We're very similar but oppersite political views I'm centre-right and his left-wing not centre.

ReputationRep:
    He needs to chill. Politics shouldn't be a big factor in ruining your relationship. It's okay if he disagrees with you- everyone has their views but he should respect yours and be civil and mature. He's being childish now. No one is similar in everything, both of you should just put your differences aside because he knows your point and you know his now and focus on the similarities that you share and that brought you two together. At the end of the day you voted leave and it's your own decision, if he can't get over it then it shows a lot about this man.

ReputationRep:
    Some one who treats you badly because you have a different pollitical opinion to them is a waste of your time and not a very good person so just leave him have a hissy fit over your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    He needs to chill. Politics shouldn't be a big factor in ruining your relationship. It's okay if he disagrees with you- everyone has their views but he should respect yours and be civil and mature. He's being childish now. No one is similar in everything, both of you should just put your differences aside because he knows your point and you know his now and focus on the similarities that you share and that brought you two together. At the end of the day you voted leave and it's your own decision, if he can't get over it then it shows a lot about this man.
    I respect his view but he doesn't seem to respect mine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.