Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Epic Summer Bucket List (Aamna-) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I plan to do a lot this summer because it's the last summer of true relaxation for me. I've just finished high school and plan to make the most of the following weeks - here's my bucket list (in no particular order)!

1. Go canoeing and kayaking
    2. Go camping
    3. Go on lengthy hikes
    4. Sit around a big campfire
    5. Learn a new language (up to basic, conversational level)
    6. Sit the MENSA exam and get an IQ score
    7. Go to Jump Nation with my friends
    8. Go to Alton Towers with my friends
    9. Get a part-time job in time for college
    10. Learn how to play the piano properly
    11. Learn how to read sheet music (just an extension of #10)
    12. Write short stories and maybe publish them on Wattpad
    13. Create at least 5 pieces of artwork I'm proud of
    14. Go on a massive shopping spree before college
    15. Read the Game of Thrones books (at least the first two)
    16. Improve at programming/start learning a more complicated language.
    17. Explore abandoned buildings/factories with my friends
    18. Exercise regularly/go to the gym more often
    19. Do swimming again (at least once)
    20. Learn to bake properly and not burn things
    21. Get some work experience done
    22. Do at least one performance of any kind in front of a substantial crowd

That's all I can think of right now. Most of the first few will be covered during NCS. Can't wait!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aamna-)
    I plan to do a lot this summer because it's the last summer of true relaxation for me. I've just finished high school and plan to make the most of the following weeks - here's my bucket list (in no particular order)!

1. Go canoeing and kayaking
    2. Go camping
    3. Go on lengthy hikes
    4. Sit around a big campfire
    5. Learn a new language (up to basic, conversational level)
    6. Sit the MENSA exam and get an IQ score
    7. Go to Jump Nation with my friends
    8. Go to Alton Towers with my friends
    9. Get a part-time job in time for college
    10. Learn how to play the piano properly
    11. Learn how to read sheet music (just an extension of #10)
    12. Write short stories and maybe publish them on Wattpad
    13. Create at least 5 pieces of artwork I'm proud of
    14. Go on a massive shopping spree before college
    15. Read the Game of Thrones books (at least the first two)
    16. Improve at programming/start learning a more complicated language.
    17. Explore abandoned buildings/factories with my friends
    18. Exercise regularly/go to the gym more often
    19. Do swimming again (at least 1)
    20. Learn to bake properly and not burn things
    21. Get some work experience done
    22. Do at least one performance of any kind in front of a substantial crowd

That's all I can think of right now. Most of the first few will be covered during NCS. Can't wait!
    Quite a wide range of things, especially the 'not burn things' part :lol: I like it. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: It has been two months since. I haven't really stuck strictly to the list, but I've achieved most of my goals.

1. Go canoeing and kayaking (completed in NCS)
    2. Go camping (completed in NCS - it was really fun, even though it was raining heavily)
    3. Go on lengthy hikes (completed in NCS - although I do regularly go on long walks in my area)
    4. Sit around a big campfire (completed in NCS - also incredibly fun)
    5. Learn a new language up to a basic, conversational level (I've been studying French using duolingo and have started reading books in French but I'm not extremely confident with it just yet )
    6. Sit the MENSA exam and get an IQ score (I've not sat the exam yet, but I've booked it)
    7. Go to Jump Nation with my friends (we chose to go other places)
    8. Go to Alton Towers with my friends (same as above; alton towers was quite costly, so instead we've been going out to restaurants, cinemas, etc more often)
    9. Get a part-time job in time for college (completed; well planned, I'm taking part in Headstart which gives me an interview with Starbucks/New Look)
    10. Learn how to play the piano properly (sort of, but I've been playing guitar and ukulele more frequently for some reason)
    11. Learn how to read sheet music (just an extension of #10) (honestly, nope haha, still undone but I'll try it in the next two weeks)
    12. Write short stories and maybe publish them on Wattpad (I've tried but I've been writing poems instead, don't have the bravery to publish them, but I have written absolutely LOADS although most of it is probably crap)
    13. Create at least 5 pieces of artwork I'm proud of (completed - I've uploaded some on instagram if you want to see: @theavidartist)
    14. Go on a massive shopping spree before college (done! Spent about £500 which is quite a lot for me lmao)
    15. Read the Game of Thrones books (at least the first two) - (also complete! I've been reading like crazy recently, all the books that I'd promise to read but hadn't touched, like 'Gone Girl', 'Da Vinci Code', 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and some classics like Wuthering Heights and Gulliver's Travels)
    16. Improve at programming/start learning a more complicated language (totally forgot about this! But I'm planning to take computing at A level, so I'll need to brush up on this soon anyway!)
    17. Explore abandoned buildings/factories with my friends (done! It was really fun actually)
    18. Exercise regularly/go to the gym more often (haven't gone to the gym, but I go on a run nearly everyday and have joined a sports team for bowling)
    19. Do swimming again (at least once) - (done at NCS)
    20. Learn to bake properly and not burn things (forget about this one too , well, at least nothing was burnt)
    21. Get some work experience done (I did volunteering instead; I just completed 100 hours as well, really pleased. It's at British Heart Foundation if you're interested)
    22. Do at least one performance of any kind in front of a substantial crowd (completed in NCS - nerve-wracking but I still did it!! )

Really happy overall! It has been an epic summer, and I hope everyone else has enjoyed it just as much as I have!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.