Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'm going to Plymouth University this September, I'm also going to stay in Astor House. Is there anyone who's going to stay there this year? Or anyone currently staying there? Just thought i'd make some friends there before moving in Come say hi!!

Also, if you're currently staying at Astor House, are everyone friendly there? do they have lots of events?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have applied for Astor and a few other accommodation options and will find out where I am placed some time after results day. I really like to look of Astor though! I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet but the photo's online look really good, plus being right next to the hoe will be a bonus in the summer. I guess the only disadvantage of Astor is that its a bit further away from the uni than most of the accommodation. Have you had a chance to see Astor in person and if so what did you think about it?

(Original post by alyssandr)
    hey! I'm going to Plymouth University this September, I'm also going to stay in Astor House. Is there anyone who's going to stay there this year? Or anyone currently staying there? Just thought i'd make some friends there before moving in Come say hi!!

Also, if you're currently staying at Astor House, are everyone friendly there? do they have lots of events?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by alyssandr)

(Original post by Jonsmith98)
    Hi!

I have applied for Astor and a few other accommodation options and will find out where I am placed some time after results day. I really like to look of Astor though! I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet but the photo's online look really good, plus being right next to the hoe will be a bonus in the summer. I guess the only disadvantage of Astor is that its a bit further away from the uni than most of the accommodation. Have you had a chance to see Astor in person and if so what did you think about it?
    Hey both! Looking forward to meeting you in September!

We have a residents group set up so you can meet your flat mates before you arrive, see what you need to bring, and help us organise our welcome event https://www.facebook.com/groups/1240792939271078

ReputationRep:
    HALF PRICE - £67 A WEEK - All Bills included, including free WiFi and contents insurance.

I’m unfortunately having to leave Plymouth as the course is not right for me, I am sad to leave Astor as it is an amazing place to live.

Available from November 18th - September 18th

I’m in a flat of 9, 5 Lads and 3 Girls and they’re the best. All first years, but ages 18,19 an 20. First Floor.

Astor House has 24/7 reception, a Sky Room for study and chill, A Games area with Tvs and xBox, a pingpong table, poole table and theres a laundry room on site. Theres even surfboard and bike storage is you need!

10 Minute Walk to the uni, 5 Minute walk to the Hoe and Barbican.

Astor’s Website:

https://www.iqstudentaccommodation.c...th/astor-house

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.