Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Grim times brah

ReputationRep:
    My guess, they'll be reduced by huge % and being French/German/Spanish will definitely help (under the assumption that bank will move part of their staff to Frankfurt/Paris/Madrid offices)

ReputationRep:
    I think conversion rates will remain stable for this summer - similar to last year - as technically nothing has changed, we are still in the EU. In fact, the technical problems banks will now face (such as passporting etc.) are unlikely to be confirmed for at least another year or two. Therefore, the earliest cycle I would expect to see any significant impact would be Summer 2018. Until then, it will be relatively negligible in my view.

Once and if banks decide to reduce % conversions as a result of the negotiations, S&T and Operations will be hit hardest (as these roles are the most likely to be relocated, particularly FX) whilst IBD is expected to mostly remain in London regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Conversion rate will be ok for now.

There will be decrease with a recession and etc but that won't be clear for a while.

The next major drop in the value will really depend on the outcome of negotiations or when the position of the EU becomes clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I think conversion rates will remain stable for this summer - similar to last year - as technically nothing has changed, we are still in the EU. In fact, the technical problems banks will now face (such as passporting etc.) are unlikely to be confirmed for at least another year or two. Therefore, the earliest cycle I would expect to see any significant impact would be Summer 2018. Until then, it will be relatively negligible in my view.

Once and if banks decide to reduce % conversions as a result of the negotiations, S&T and Operations will be hit hardest (as these roles are the most likely to be relocated, particularly FX) whilst IBD is expected to mostly remain in London regardless.
    wrong. a lot has changed. deal flow was already shiat since last summer (especially in markets and cap. markets). And with the next period of uncertainty, and job freezes already in place (see today's FT) it would be a surprise if conversion rates would be nearly as high as the past years. especially considering that all the hires in the past two years will be likely to stick around the banks for a little while longer. nobody is hiring atm.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.