Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opposition politicians blaming austerity need to learn something. Watch

ReputationRep:
    The issues they talk about have been growing throughout my life and probably even longer, this includes the times when they were in power, austerity may may have played a part in it but they also have to acknowledge the problems within the EU what people are against as well as their own role caused by them ignoring the problems when they had power.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have austerity, to have austerity you need to collect more in taxes than spend... Which has not happened.

ReputationRep:
    Most people are revolting. They despise the political class and what it has become. If you think this is the end of the revolt then you are severely misguided as Westminster will be next as people seek to bring control back into the power of the people. This is a revolt against corporate and bureaucratic elitists that have been working in cahoots with one another empowering each other and making themselves richer at our expense, whilst laughing at us whilst doing so.

Peter Hitchens was completely right all along. New Labour were hardly Labour at all. The Conservatives have just been centrist appeasers and sold out on their true small c conservative roots and this has led to their being hardly any difference between the two, as they both move forward trying to champion and support the vile policies of their EU rulers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Most people are revolting. They despise the political class and what it has become. If you think this is the end of the revolt then you are severely misguided as Westminster will be next as people seek to bring control back into the power of the people. This is a revolt against corporate and bureaucratic elitists that have been working in cahoots with one another empowering each other and making themselves richer at our expense, whilst laughing at us whilst doing so.

Peter Hitchens was completely right all along. New Labour were hardly Labour at all. The Conservatives have just been centrist appeasers and sold out on their true small c conservative roots and this has led to their being hardly any difference between the two, as they both move forward trying to champion and support the vile policies of their EU rulers.
    I don't think it's the end it's only the start, politicians have to realise that they are accountable to their constituents.

One thing I do know is that if the referendum gets ignored then there is a good chance that labour will lose their seat where I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I don't think it's the end it's only the start, politicians have to realise that they are accountable to their constituents.

One thing I do know is that if the referendum gets ignored then there is a good chance that labour will lose their seat where I am.
    If the referendum is ignored there will be riots on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    If the referendum is ignored there will be riots on the streets.
    I agree, if it is ignored I'm going to run to become an mp as the next GE would change this country spectacularly.

ReputationRep:
    They treat austerity and EU as though they are opposites. The EU enshrined neo-liberal values into its constitution and is imposing austerity across the eurozone on Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain... what absolute jokers.. Liberals with all the opinions but none of the facts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    They treat austerity and EU as though they are opposites. The EU enshrined neo-liberal values into its constitution and is imposing austerity across the eurozone on Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain... what absolute jokers.. Liberals with all the opinions but none of the facts
    100% spot on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.