floury
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I did it more in anger at Europe for not thinking we could go it alone, but now I see the benefits. I feel sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you know what you must do

:yep:
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're not alone, and this is why people are calling for a re-vote...
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by floury)
I did it more in anger at Europe for not thinking we could go it alone, but now I see the benefits. I feel sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same tbh, there were a lot of lies on both sides and sadly facts did not prevail
Franzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moronic time to have a protest vote tbh. What's done is done now. There's no going back.
username2713253
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A lot of people made this mistake. Most people who voted made a mistake.
Esoteric-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh well, sucks to be you OP.

brb sun feels brigther when tinged with the scent of Brtitsh independence in the air
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so empowered knowing I've helped take Britain a step closer to Brexit. It feels patriotic. Don't let the pathetic quitters (the Remain voters) put you off voting for our independence as a sovereign state. Vote leave!Posted from TSR Mobile
Britain is far too good to carry on propping up the failing EU and I am confident that tomorrow we will stick our two fingers up at it and moon the EU as we celebrate the impending Brexit. How will you be celebrating when we vote to leave?Posted from TSR Mobile
It's time for us to stand on our own two feet. We have a superior government to the rest of Europe, the most commonly spoken language (we don't neigh like horses like the French), our roads are excellent, so are our hospitals, that lot in Calais would give their right arm to live here, and I can see why. We live in the best country in the world and don't need the failing EU bringing us down.Vote leave!Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering the number of leave threads you made, then I assume this is just a troll?

We have an uncertain future, but will have to deal with it.

If you are a fisherman it looks good, but less so if you are in financial services.
Tom_BCFC
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I voted out, I made the right choice
Tsunaomi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you were voting to leave the EU because they 'didn't think we could do it' like a teenager in their rebellious stage, it's a bit of a silly reason to vote in the first place

That being said, let's just wait until it gets better, like it will. What's done is done.
Hirondelle127
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

...Ehh... I remember you ranting about how we should leave.

Oh well, not much we can do now. I wish we'd remained, but now we just need to make sure we get through this as a country. *hugs* anyway.
James David
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ITS TOO LATE
I SAID ITS TOO LATE TO APOLOGISEEEEEEEEEE

lines from the best song ever
Ha! now you see the fruit of your hands.
Tsunaomi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Considering the number of leave threads you made, then I assume this is just a troll?

We have an uncertain future, but will have to deal with it.

If you are a fisherman it looks good, but less so if you are in financial services.
Definitely about the fisherman things- my granddad fishes himself and many of his friends are fully fledged, they won't have as tough restrictions and set quotas as well as less restriction on where they can fish within their own seas!
Stableground
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you seen Brussels business documentary. Its just givea you an outline of what the eu is, how laws are made, and the power it has. After 15 minutes, you will understand more than you do now on what the eu is and where its heading, thay yoi would be glad you have opted out.
youtu.be/h4C5SgeVK-Q
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I will never regret my decision
welshiee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was the right decision. The economy is stabilising and the Eurozone over the next few years will be in a state of disarray whilst the rest of the world moves on. I just hope our politicians also focus on FTA's with Canada, the USA, Australia, China and India as well because if we only focus on renegotiating with the EU, when the collapse happens in 5-7 years, it will impact us massively. We need to start doing more business with the rest of the world to minimise the potential impact.

Also: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5726e610-d...#axzz4CY1lFMlf
JordanL_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alexion)
You're not alone, and this is why people are calling for a re-vote...

The whole world said it was a bad decision, and the facts were easily available if you looked.

If one good thing comes of all this, it's that maybe people will learn that stupid actions have stupid consequences.
JordanL_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tsunaomi)
Definitely about the fisherman things- my granddad fishes himself and many of his friends are fully fledged, they won't have as tough restrictions and set quotas as well as less restriction on where they can fish within their own seas!
The quotas exist because fish populations are about 1% of what they were 70 years ago. Either they'll still have quotas, or they'll fish entire populations into extinction. Either way they won't be getting many fish.

Also worth noting that the Common Fisheries Policy allows British fishermen to fish all over European seas, which they'll no longer be able to do.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Email MP and sign the petition.
Tsunaomi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JordanL_)
The quotas exist because fish populations are about 1% of what they were 70 years ago. Either they'll still have quotas, or they'll fish entire populations into extinction. Either way they won't be getting many fish.

Also worth noting that the Common Fisheries Policy allows British fishermen to fish all over European seas, which they'll no longer be able to do.
The fishing community where a lot of my family lives have been 'screwed over' by the CFP. The fisheries policies are heavily biased towards France and Spain. We aren't allowed a good amount of miles into french waters but they can sail right through ours! Fishermen are being forced out of the british channel by the French and into Scandanavian waters. We have also been forced to give up valuable fishing ground to Spain in another EU deal. Some of the quotas don't make much sense- fish have to be a certain size and shape to be landed, and by the time they are caught and thrown back into the water they are usually dead, and this isn't one or two fish at a time, it's a lot, resulting in seas being 'overfished' and less fish reproducing, less fish, less money etc etc.
There are pros and cons for both sides of the argument, but the general feel from UK fishermen are unhappy with the EU and the CFP, justified or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.32%
I'm not sure (3)
2.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (41)
32.28%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.67%

Watched Threads