Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an EU student eligible for SAAS. I'm starting uni this September and up until now I thought you didn't have to pay the tuition fees back. I'm not talking about loans, just the tuition fees. I just really want to double check before messing up my life, haha. Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by followthewater)
    I'm an EU student eligible for SAAS. I'm starting uni this September and up until now I thought you didn't have to pay the tuition fees back. I'm not talking about loans, just the tuition fees. I just really want to double check before messing up my life, haha. Thanks!!
    You get a Tuition Fee Loan. Loans are repayable. You do have to pay your tuition fees back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You get a Tuition Fee Loan. Loans are repayable. You do have to pay your tuition fees back.
    I'm from Hungary and I'm eligible to get my first degree funded by SAAS/ the government. It never told me anything about paying back (I've read everything carefully) and I'm not even eligible for a loan since I don't live in Scotland. Only the tuition fees (£1820/ year)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Klix88)
    This isn't true. EU students get grants as do Scots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by followthewater)
    I'm from Hungary and I'm eligible to get my first degree funded by SAAS/ the government. It never told me anything about paying back (I've read everything carefully) and I'm not even eligible for a loan since I don't live in Scotland. Only the tuition fees (£1820/ year)
    You won't have to pay it back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    This isn't true. EU students get grants as do Scots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh thank god! That's what I thought too. Saas' website is a bit poo (their call centre people are super kind though) but I've found a BBC article on the topic and it literally states we get free tuition just like Scottish students do. (It's funny how the rest of the UK has to pay though...)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Anything that's a grant, bursary or scholarship, you don't pay back. Anything that's a loan, you have to pay back.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.