Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do history at AS or GCSE, but I really like the sound of this course. I do Economics though, and was strong at essay subjects at GCSE (all A*s), don't really do any essay A level subjects though (Geog, Bio, Econ, German). What are my chances? And does anyone know more about this degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I didn't do history at AS or GCSE, but I really like the sound of this course. I do Economics though, and was strong at essay subjects at GCSE (all A*s), don't really do any essay A level subjects though (Geog, Bio, Econ, German). What are my chances? And does anyone know more about this degree?
    u wouldnt stand much chance at the top uni's without history and to do any economics u need maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics)
    u wouldnt stand much chance at the top uni's without history and to do any economics u need maths!
    I'm doing AS maths over the summer, and A2 next year alongside my other 4 subjects so that's not a problem. You don't need maths for Economic history anyway. The top unis like warwick, lse and manchester all say you don't need to have studied econ or hist before, if they want it, why don't they just say it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I'm doing AS maths over the summer, and A2 next year alongside my other 4 subjects so that's not a problem. You don't need maths for Economic history anyway. The top unis like warwick, lse and manchester all say you don't need to have studied econ or hist before, if they want it, why don't they just say it?!
    have u been to any open days????? - Many admission tutors i have spoken to have said the prospectuses are out of date (their printed 2 years prior to release) and that u do need History and maths! - Are u teaching urself AS MAths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics)
    have u been to any open days????? - Many admission tutors i have spoken to have said the prospectuses are out of date (their printed 2 years prior to release) and that u do need History and maths! - Are u teaching urself AS MAths?
    Well are their websites and the UCAS website out of date as well? If so, how are we meant to know the official entry requirements? And yep, teaching myself with the help of a tutor.

ReputationRep:
    No offense, to economics, but I would go off what the universities say rather than what he says. If you're in doubt, then check with the admissions tutor directly.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm applying to study Economic History as well at LSE. As none of us will have studied Economic History at school before, what interests are we supposed to put down on our Personal Statement to justify ur choice for wanting to study it ? Ne advice much appreciated. Also, Itd be gd to hear from any of you who are currently studing the subject at uni

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.