Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Do manchester uni allow u to apply for courses if you have taken a gap year and resit some a2 modules?

looking to do this for computer science

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean you've already had a gap year in which you did resits and now you're looking to apply to Manchester or you've already got an unconditional and you want to take a gap year to do resits??

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I mean, I'm worried I won't get my predictions so was wondering if it would be possible to take a gap year take some resits and then reapply to manchester?

(Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Do you mean you've already had a gap year in which you did resits and now you're looking to apply to Manchester or you've already got an unconditional and you want to take a gap year to do resits??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryandaniels2015)
    Sorry I mean, I'm worried I won't get my predictions so was wondering if it would be possible to take a gap year take some resits and then reapply to manchester?
    If you don't get your grades I think your offer gets rejected. You would then have to take a gap year, resit and reapply to the uni, in the gap year.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get your grades I think your offer gets rejected. You would then have to take a gap year, resit and reapply to the uni, in the gap year.
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I would be looking to do but was wondering if Manchester allow students who resit in a gap year to apply?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I would be looking to do but was wondering if Manchester allow students who resit in a gap year to apply?
    Yeah of course, I don't think they would reject an application from someone just because they've done resits. Loads of people in my year now had to resit their as year but many still got places at Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course, I don't think they would reject an application from someone just because they've done resits. Loads of people in my year now had to resit their as year but many still got places at Manchester.
    Thanks so much!! Resits after year 13?

ReputationRep:
    No 12, but it's the same thing. The only thing that's different is whether you will be staying in college for the resits or entering them as a private candidate. If you're not goin to be in college any more you might find I it difficult to get references for ucas.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!!
    No 12, but it's the same thing. The only thing that's different is whether you will be staying in college for the resits or entering them as a private candidate. If you're not goin to be in college any more you might find I it difficult to get references for ucas.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester accept resits post year 13 for everything (medicine and dentistry might be exceptions). Personally I finished year 13 last year and am retaking this year. I have an offer for physics which is one of Manchester more heavily oversubscribed courses with approximately 4 applicants to place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midgeymoo17)
    Manchester accept resits post year 13 for everything (medicine and dentistry might be exceptions). Personally I finished year 13 last year and am retaking this year. I have an offer for physics which is one of Manchester more heavily oversubscribed courses with approximately 4 applicants to place.
    Thanks so much!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.