Notes on petition - (links given to your local MP email address) Watch

FredOrJohn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
a) When doing the online petition the response link often goes to junk mail. Make sure you check your junk to find the link. Your petition entry will not count unless you click the link.

b) It is also important to email your local MP telling him or her that you have signed the petition, the reason why and your name and address - this all helps (the petition gives their email addresses)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215..
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"In a 52-48 referendum, this would be unfinished business by a long way". Nigel Farage, last month.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
"In a 52-48 referendum, this would be unfinished business by a long way". Nigel Farage, last month.
Good quote (hope its true)
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
To which everyone else (both sides) said "no it wouldn't, we won't hold a second referendum".
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
To which everyone else (both sides) said "no it wouldn't, we won't hold a second referendum".
Well an election, refererendum - whatever as long as we get a second chance.

From what I understand by a legal boffin it would be unconstitutional to take the UK out of the EU without the permission of the people of Northern Ireland and Scotland .

so I don't care how it is done, millions of us need free movement to survive

This is not some joke election of left or right

This is about economic survival - We need to stay in. I'm not bothering to argue with a ukip crank - I need to work in Scandinvia the Low Countries, Germany, Ireland and I don't want some Right Wing thug (Con or Ukip or whatever facsist PM) stopping me.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FredOrJohn)
Well an election, refererendum - whatever as long as we get a second chance.

From what I understand by a legal boffin it would be unconstitutional to take the UK out of the EU without the permission of the people of Northern Ireland and Scotland .

so I don't care how it is done, millions of us need free movement to survive

This is not some joke election of left or right

This is about economic survival - We need to stay in. I'm not bothering to argue with a ukip crank - I need to work in Scandinvia the Low Countries, Germany, Ireland and I don't want some Right Wing thug (Con or Ukip or whatever facsist PM) stopping me.
Why the contempt for democracy?

The people have spoken. They had their chance. The chance was taken. The result is in. End of story.

*****ing about it won't change it. There won't be a second referendum.
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We're not having a second referendum. I'm sorry, but that's wishful thinking of the highest degree.

The best thing to do now is hope that the Leave campaign were right, and that pixies will fix everything. And/or move to a different country.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by lerjj)
We're not having a second referendum. I'm sorry, but that's wishful thinking of the highest degree.

The best thing to do now is hope that the Leave campaign were right, and that pixies will fix everything. And/or move to a different country.
You're being silly.
There are about 500 MPs. 400 of them are Pro-EU.

How are the 100 Anti-MPs going to get the agenda thru without either an ELECTION to get more Anti-MPs or another referendum to rub the point home

If you think 400pro-EU MPs are going to vote to pull us out of the EU I think are bonkers...

Sign the petition and stop whinging - Both LEAVERS and STAYERS need to sign it. Its for both sides good.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're being silly.
There are about 500 MPs. 400 of them are Pro-EU.

How are the 100 Anti-MPs going to get the agenda thru without either an ELECTION to get more Anti-MPs or another referendum to rub the point home

If you think 400pro-EU MPs are going to vote to pull us out of the EU I think are bonkers...

Sign the petition and stop whinging - Both LEAVERS and STAYERS need to sign it. Its for both sides good.
And how long do you think they'll stay there if they expressly ignore the will of the people who vote for them?

Look, I'm sorry this might affect your job, but this is democracy. It has spoken. That's it. Done.

These petitions won't change a thing. There won't be a second referendum.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
17 million as a percentage of 44 million which is about 38% of eligible voters - MOST ELIGIBLE VOTERS DID NOT VOTE TO LEAVE

For DEMOCRACY the leave side really needed to get 50.01% of eligible voters
welshiee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by welshiee)
Write to your next nearest local MP - keep writing until you get one that is on your side.

I wrote to mine and hour or so ago. I expect a reply within a day or so (she is Conservative but Pro-EU)

400 MPs are pro-EU and 100 Anti

If the Tory MPs in and around London do not try to stop Brexit they will never get an MP in London again. They'll be toast.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
17 million as a percentage of 44 million which is about 38% of eligible voters - MOST ELIGIBLE VOTERS DID NOT VOTE TO LEAVE

For DEMOCRACY the leave side really needed to get 50.01% of eligible voters
Clutching.
At.
Straws.

Everybody had the chance to vote. It was a fully democratic process. It's done.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
And how long do you think they'll stay there if they expressly ignore the will of the people who vote for them?

Look, I'm sorry this might affect your job, but this is democracy. It has spoken. That's it. Done.

These petitions won't change a thing. There won't be a second referendum.
If a Tory MP in London area votes anything else apart from Remain the Conservative party will never get another MP in London in my life time.

Boris is getting jeered and booed every where in London - he is the most hated Londoner of all time

If you are so sure - put it to a test - ELECTION before ratification?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why the contempt for democracy?

The people have spoken. They had their chance. The chance was taken. The result is in. End of story.

*****ing about it won't change it. There won't be a second referendum.
I've accepted the result begrudgingly, if he's saying that then Scotland could have said the same "give us a second one as it was very close" yes, they want to now again but it's not fair.

As the days go by, we'll adjust and start exepting it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If a Tory MP in London area votes anything else apart from Remain the Conservative party will never get another MP in London in my life time.

Boris is getting jeered and booed every where in London - he is the most hated Londoner of all time
So?

There's the entire rest of the country to consider.

Look, I know you don't like the decision, but you're getting really very childish now. Nothing you're talking about is going to work. It was never going to work.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
So?

There's the entire rest of the country to consider.

Look, I know you don't like the decision, but you're getting really very childish now. Nothing you're talking about is going to work. It was never going to work.
you're getting really very childish now. Please grow up.
There are 500 MPs, 400 are pro-EU.

There will be no Brexit from London or Scottish MPs that is a certainity.

The other MPs might be a mix bag - but will they get a majority without an election?

I doubt it.

You are being childish because you are refusing to admit the problem you are in.

I am fighting until the ink is dry and nothing else can be done.
We are MILES away from that point.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're getting really very childish now. Please grow up.
There are 500 MPs, 400 are pro-EU.

There will be no Brexit from London or Scottish MPs that is a certainity.

The other MPs might be a mix bag - but will they get a majority without an election?

I doubt it.

You are being childish because you are refusing to admit the problem you are in.

I am fighting until the ink is dry and nothing else can be done.
We are MILES away from that point.
So what if they are? The will of the public - the people they are elected to represent - is to leave. That's all that matters.

There will be no second referendum. The EU wants us out.

We're gone. It really is that simple.

See the reply above from an MP to someone who signed that Petition. That's what you're up against.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
So what if they are? The will of the public - the people they are elected to represent - is to leave. That's all that matters.

There will be no second referendum. The EU wants us out.

We're gone. It really is that simple.

See the reply above from an MP to someone who signed that Petition. That's what you're up against.
There are 500 MPs - I have had no such reply.
You are being childish - you are not giving good advice, you are just chungering the fascist line of "you need papers to work or live here" OR " you can't get a job in France without an ;intelligence quotient"
I am not a fascist, I support everyones right to work where they damn well please without some facsist government and nazi police stopping me.

Sign the petition if you don't want to live in a police state.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are 500 MPs - I have had no such reply.
You are being childish - you are not giving good advice, you are just chungering the fascist line of "you need papers to work or live here" OR " you can't get a job in France without an ;intelligence quotient"
I am not a fascist, I support everyones right to work where they damn well please without some facsist government and nazi police stopping me.

Sign the petition if you don't want to live in a police state.
Are you blind?
Where have I once said that? Quote me. Show me the words.

The only difference between you and I is that I live in the real world.

I'm also really not sure you know what police state is...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed