Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by musicman)
    OK, the majority of people use the odd bit of text language, though "bloody" is surely not Standard English, along with the use of lower case "i"?!
    Well if you're going to go all excessively pedantic on me i wont stand a chance! Bloody is perhaps not a standard English word, but it sure isn't text talk, not is a lower case "i".

Can some of the options of this poll be deleted, it's too big, and annoying, and pointless. *Refuses to just not look at this thread.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I sent you a PM? My memory really is worrying me, do you mean just now or a long time ago, i bloody hope you don't mean just now!
    Yesterday I think - to ask me not to leave

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're going to go all excessively pedantic on me i wont stand a chance! Bloody is perhaps not a standard English word, but it sure isn't text talk, not is a lower case "i".

Can some of the options of this poll be deleted, it's too big, and annoying, and pointless. *Refuses to just not look at this thread.*
    Ok point taken....I was just being pedantic! I agree that the poll is too big, I don't think any of them apply to me either!

ReputationRep:
    I dislike slang, it's quite irritating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yesterday I think - to ask me not to leave
    You're thinking of leaving? Oh that's another question I was thinking about the other day....how does one go about becoming a moderator? How did you do it? Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't see it on any of the forums!

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking of leaving? Oh that's another question I was thinking about the other day....how does one go about becoming a moderator? How did you do it? Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't see it on any of the forums!
    I was asked to by the admin, d and the rest of the forum wanted me to become one.

ReputationRep:
    I was asked to by the admin, d and the rest of the forum wanted me to become one.
    sure it weren't the other way round?

lol see you're too popular to consider leaving, personally i'd hate the become a mod, though i know some people (like Sire) would enjoy it. Not that i see anybody asking me to be one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    I think being a mod would be quite good, though my post count/rep etc isn't high enough to even be looked at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    So you're telling me that you never ever use a remotely colloquial expression?

ReputationRep:
    Being a mod is a huge responsibility, and I think some members deserve to be a mod more than others, personally I wouldn't like to be a mod...

I think being a mod would be quite good, though my post count/rep etc isn't high enough to even be looked at
    This post count/rep obsession is getting out of hand, when you get established on the forums rep will follow, no worries.

I was just wondering, do mods rep people everyday just like everybody else?

ReputationRep:
    So you're telling me that you never ever use a remotely colloquial expression?

I do, in jest

ReputationRep:
    Other.

CRGAFF! (Couldn't really give a flying f...)

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, do mods rep people everyday just like everybody else?
    they can receive rep so probably they can give it to.

ReputationRep:
    I use ones that many people use on msn, such as 'lol', 'g2g' or 'brb', but on msn and in texts are the only time I use them. Texts because it shortens it, so if it's a long text I'm less likely to use more credit by running into another message. Over msn it has become a habit to use shortened words or abbreviations, because my time on msn is limited, so 'g2g' is better than writing 'I've got to go', especially when my dad is looking over my shoulder reading the conversation, and the quicker I can go the better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I use ones that many people use on msn, such as 'lol', 'g2g' or 'brb', but on msn and in texts are the only time I use them. Texts because it shortens it, so if it's a long text I'm less likely to use more credit by running into another message. Over msn it has become a habit to use shortened words or abbreviations, because my time on msn is limited, so 'g2g' is better than writing 'I've got to go', especially when my dad is looking over my shoulder reading the conversation, and the quicker I can go the better...
    what's brb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    what's brb?
    Be right back

(Original post by sniper999)
    i dont understand this, i mean is it throughtout the site, that people always critisize people for their slang and when they spell words wrong, deliberatley or accidently, i.e. for people type ppl, missing out the g at the end of words i.e. missin instead of mssing, and when you type something, i mean are they so stupid that they cant make out what your trying to say, or they just tring to show off?
    Personally I get annoyed when people both **** me off and murder the English language at the same time.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.