This discussion is closed.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
OK, the majority of people use the odd bit of text language, though "bloody" is surely not Standard English, along with the use of lower case "i"?!
Well if you're going to go all excessively pedantic on me i wont stand a chance! Bloody is perhaps not a standard English word, but it sure isn't text talk, not is a lower case "i".

Can some of the options of this poll be deleted, it's too big, and annoying, and pointless. *Refuses to just not look at this thread.*
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I sent you a PM? My memory really is worrying me, do you mean just now or a long time ago, i bloody hope you don't mean just now!
Yesterday I think - to ask me not to leave
musicman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well if you're going to go all excessively pedantic on me i wont stand a chance! Bloody is perhaps not a standard English word, but it sure isn't text talk, not is a lower case "i".

Can some of the options of this poll be deleted, it's too big, and annoying, and pointless. *Refuses to just not look at this thread.*
Ok point taken....I was just being pedantic! I agree that the poll is too big, I don't think any of them apply to me either!
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dislike slang, it's quite irritating
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Yesterday I think - to ask me not to leave
You're thinking of leaving? Oh that's another question I was thinking about the other day....how does one go about becoming a moderator? How did you do it? Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't see it on any of the forums!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're thinking of leaving? Oh that's another question I was thinking about the other day....how does one go about becoming a moderator? How did you do it? Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't see it on any of the forums!
I was asked to by the admin, d and the rest of the forum wanted me to become one.
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was asked to by the admin, d and the rest of the forum wanted me to become one.
sure it weren't the other way round?
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
lol see you're too popular to consider leaving, personally i'd hate the become a mod, though i know some people (like Sire) would enjoy it. Not that i see anybody asking me to be one...
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
Same here.
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think being a mod would be quite good, though my post count/rep etc isn't high enough to even be looked at
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
So you're telling me that you never ever use a remotely colloquial expression?
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Being a mod is a huge responsibility, and I think some members deserve to be a mod more than others, personally I wouldn't like to be a mod...
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
I think being a mod would be quite good, though my post count/rep etc isn't high enough to even be looked at
This post count/rep obsession is getting out of hand, when you get established on the forums rep will follow, no worries.

I was just wondering, do mods rep people everyday just like everybody else?
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So you're telling me that you never ever use a remotely colloquial expression?

I do, in jest
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Other.

CRGAFF! (Couldn't really give a flying f...)
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was just wondering, do mods rep people everyday just like everybody else?
they can receive rep so probably they can give it to.
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I use ones that many people use on msn, such as 'lol', 'g2g' or 'brb', but on msn and in texts are the only time I use them. Texts because it shortens it, so if it's a long text I'm less likely to use more credit by running into another message. Over msn it has become a habit to use shortened words or abbreviations, because my time on msn is limited, so 'g2g' is better than writing 'I've got to go', especially when my dad is looking over my shoulder reading the conversation, and the quicker I can go the better...
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
I use ones that many people use on msn, such as 'lol', 'g2g' or 'brb', but on msn and in texts are the only time I use them. Texts because it shortens it, so if it's a long text I'm less likely to use more credit by running into another message. Over msn it has become a habit to use shortened words or abbreviations, because my time on msn is limited, so 'g2g' is better than writing 'I've got to go', especially when my dad is looking over my shoulder reading the conversation, and the quicker I can go the better...
what's brb?
Kiesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
what's brb?
Be right back
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sniper999)
i dont understand this, i mean is it throughtout the site, that people always critisize people for their slang and when they spell words wrong, deliberatley or accidently, i.e. for people type ppl, missing out the g at the end of words i.e. missin instead of mssing, and when you type something, i mean are they so stupid that they cant make out what your trying to say, or they just tring to show off?
Personally I get annoyed when people both **** me off and murder the English language at the same time.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed