Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sniper999)
    i dont understand this, i mean is it throughtout the site, that people always critisize people for their slang and when they spell words wrong, deliberatley or accidently, i.e. for people type ppl, missing out the g at the end of words i.e. missin instead of mssing, and when you type something, i mean are they so stupid that they cant make out what your trying to say, or they just tring to show off?
    I'm sorry I dont get this... I often miss spell words by mistake - I'm trying to learn to touch type and a forumns a good place to learn, plus I haven't had a lesson for a couple of months being in year 11, I'm not too bored, if I can read it its fine, the only time I get slightly annoyed is when its like,

I go n ths bord eva dy n txt typ

couse then its hard to follow but almost no one does that!!

Me and my friend used to text each other so often, we got out sentances down to one or two letters per word - now that was genius!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I use ones that many use on msn, such as 'lol', 'g2g' or 'brb', but on msn and in texts are the only I use them. Texts because it shortens it, so if it's a long text I'm less likely to use more by running into another message. Over msn it has become a habit to use shortened words or abbreviations, because my on msn is limited, so 'g2g' is better than 'I've got to go', especially when my dad is looking over my shoulder reading the conversation, and the quicker I can go the better...
    Thats the same for me.
    although i dont realise it when i write in short, and it didnt ever cross my mind that it would annoy other ppl to.

it jus helps me to get my message down quickly, and my spellings not the bst either.
    i always use short hand wen im online so its mre of a habit...but ive got to say that wen im doin corsewrk on the computr, it does give me a hard time!

ReputationRep:
    i tend to miss the ends of words sometimes eg missin instead of missing but i try not to the thing is people from other countries come on here to try and improve their english and we are not really helping them are we

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Forum Rules
    • Be friendly, considerate, articulate, and don't swear.
    • Don't ask people to send you work.
    • Please don't ask people to email you. This is a message board, and it has no value if people conduct a conversation offline.
    • If you have a question, try and be specific. The likelihood of receiving a helpful response diminishes if one needs to ask the poster for further clarification. It is thus in your own interests to elaborate upon a request for help.
    • Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors. Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.
    • Try googling before you ask a question
    • No Spam! - Please report a post if it looks spammy
    • Legality and Honesty - Do not post anything that could in any way be construed as offensive, illicit or defamatory.
    I wonder how many sniper has broken already
    lol, hey mod, btw, who makes these rules up, i mean i get the idea that i bunch of young ppl helped to put this website together, how come the rules are too strick, i think you ppl are just too Pedantic and extreme, dont you, i mean cant you just accept the fact that no one is as perfect as you would like them to be??? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I'm sorry mr sniper but yuor poll is really dumb.
    well i tried to make it as dumb as you, and it seemed to work , i passed, wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sniper999)
    lol, hey mod, btw, who makes these rules up, i mean i get the idea that i bunch of young ppl helped to put this website together, how come the rules are too strick, i think you ppl are just too Pedantic and extreme, dont you, i mean cant you just accept the fact that no one is as perfect as you would like them to be??? :mad:
    No-one expects any of the users to be perfect. It really isn't too much to ask people to use proper spelling, etc, so that their posts can be understood easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I love the English language and hate to see people abuse it! Although I don't correct people often, I just cringe on this side of the screen.. :eek:
    I know exactly what you mean. I just hate the way words look when they're spelt wrongly, it's like someone scraping their nails down a blackboard. Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    its criticise unless its an american spelling!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ++Hex++)
    I know exactly what you mean. I just hate the way words look when they're spelt wrongly, it's like someone scraping their nails down a blackboard. Eugh.
    I completely agree. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I completely agree. :rolleyes:
    just like you hate it when people say U instead of You??? :rolleyes:

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.