Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HELP! How late can you enter for an exam (to give enough time for the exam board to send the paper)?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do you mean to put yourself in for the exam or to enter an examination room once the exam has started?
    If you mean the former then you need to contact the exam board or look at their website as they have a timetable of when the last dates of entry are.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    If it's the latter, then if at uni, it depends on the uni, but I think it's usually 30 minutes, but check with your uni. If it's public exams (GCSE, A levels), then I believe it's 30 minutes as well, but check with your exams officer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Do you mean to put yourself in for the exam or to enter an examination room once the exam has started?
    If you mean the former then you need to contact the exam board or look at their website as they have a timetable of when the last dates of entry are.
    I did mean the former, but the only table I can find gives the dates past which late fees have to be paid - rather than the final possible date at which the candidate can be entered, past which it wouldn't be possible for the physical exam paper to reach the school in time to do the exam. Any ideas where I could find that out/what it might be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    If it's the latter, then if at uni, it depends on the uni, but I think it's usually 30 minutes, but check with your uni. If it's public exams (GCSE, A levels), then I believe it's 30 minutes as well, but check with your exams officer!
    I meant the former - the last date past which it is physically impossible for the exam paper to reach my school before the exam takes place.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by archipelaglobule)
    I meant the former - the last date past which it is physically impossible for the exam paper to reach my school before the exam takes place.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
    Which exam board is it for, I'll try and find out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Which exam board is it for, I'll try and find out for you!
    It is for WJEC. Thank you very much
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    It is for WJEC. Thank you very much

I think in exceptional circumstances they do allow later entry.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but doesn't that table only state the point after which late/very late fees must be paid, as opposed to the point after which it isn't possible for the exam paper to be sent to the school in time? I think you can still be entered for the exam after the 19th of April (the 'very late' deadline), but would have to pay higher fees. If I take an exam that nobody else in the school is taking, I presume it will take time for the exam paper to be sent to my school - it's that length of time that I would like to find out.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Thanks, but doesn't that table only state the point after which late/very late fees must be paid, as opposed to the point after which it isn't possible for the exam paper to be sent to the school in time? I think you can still be entered for the exam after the 19th of April (the 'very late' deadline), but would have to pay higher fees. If I take an exam that nobody else in the school is taking, I presume it will take time for the exam paper to be sent to my school - it's that length of time that I would like to find out.
    Sorry, I misread the heading! I can't seem to find the final final date on their site, so might be worth asking your exams officer if no one else here knows. I couldn't find anything about the final final date in the following docs, but you might want to take a look just in case I missed it - sorry I couldn't be more help!

http://www.wjec.co.uk/exam-officers/...?language_id=1
    http://www.wjec.co.uk/exam-officers/...?language_id=1

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for helping! If it isn't possible to find a definite date, what might you estimate?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why cant you just ring WJEC up on Monday, Then you cna find out yourself in one quick easy phonecall?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.