HELP! How late can you enter for an exam?

Watch
archipelaglobule
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
HELP! How late can you enter for an exam (to give enough time for the exam board to send the paper)?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Do you mean to put yourself in for the exam or to enter an examination room once the exam has started?
If you mean the former then you need to contact the exam board or look at their website as they have a timetable of when the last dates of entry are.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's the latter, then if at uni, it depends on the uni, but I think it's usually 30 minutes, but check with your uni. If it's public exams (GCSE, A levels), then I believe it's 30 minutes as well, but check with your exams officer!
archipelaglobule
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Do you mean to put yourself in for the exam or to enter an examination room once the exam has started?
If you mean the former then you need to contact the exam board or look at their website as they have a timetable of when the last dates of entry are.
I did mean the former, but the only table I can find gives the dates past which late fees have to be paid - rather than the final possible date at which the candidate can be entered, past which it wouldn't be possible for the physical exam paper to reach the school in time to do the exam. Any ideas where I could find that out/what it might be?
archipelaglobule
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
If it's the latter, then if at uni, it depends on the uni, but I think it's usually 30 minutes, but check with your uni. If it's public exams (GCSE, A levels), then I believe it's 30 minutes as well, but check with your exams officer!
I meant the former - the last date past which it is physically impossible for the exam paper to reach my school before the exam takes place.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by archipelaglobule)
I meant the former - the last date past which it is physically impossible for the exam paper to reach my school before the exam takes place.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Which exam board is it for, I'll try and find out for you!
archipelaglobule
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Which exam board is it for, I'll try and find out for you!
It is for WJEC. Thank you very much
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is for WJEC. Thank you very much
I think in exceptional circumstances they do allow later entry.
archipelaglobule
Rep:
?
Thanks, but doesn't that table only state the point after which late/very late fees must be paid, as opposed to the point after which it isn't possible for the exam paper to be sent to the school in time? I think you can still be entered for the exam after the 19th of April (the 'very late' deadline), but would have to pay higher fees. If I take an exam that nobody else in the school is taking, I presume it will take time for the exam paper to be sent to my school - it's that length of time that I would like to find out.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, but doesn't that table only state the point after which late/very late fees must be paid, as opposed to the point after which it isn't possible for the exam paper to be sent to the school in time? I think you can still be entered for the exam after the 19th of April (the 'very late' deadline), but would have to pay higher fees. If I take an exam that nobody else in the school is taking, I presume it will take time for the exam paper to be sent to my school - it's that length of time that I would like to find out.
Sorry, I misread the heading! I can't seem to find the final final date on their site, so might be worth asking your exams officer if no one else here knows. I couldn't find anything about the final final date in the following docs, but you might want to take a look just in case I missed it - sorry I couldn't be more help!

http://www.wjec.co.uk/exam-officers/...?language_id=1
http://www.wjec.co.uk/exam-officers/...?language_id=1
archipelaglobule
Rep:
?
Thank you for helping! If it isn't possible to find a definite date, what might you estimate?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Why cant you just ring WJEC up on Monday, Then you cna find out yourself in one quick easy phonecall?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (168)
58.33%
I don't have everything I need (120)
41.67%

Watched Threads