Watch
This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Order! Questions to the Prime Minister!

PMQs is an opportunity for members to put questions to the TSR Prime Minister, the Rt Hon. Life_peer MP, who will answer your questions over the course of two days.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Rt Hon. RayApparently MP, may ask two questions, with a follow-up question for each. MPs may ask one question, with one follow-up. Ordinary users may ask one question with no follow-ups. I will intervene if members do not respect these rules.

Please keep the joke questions to a minimum.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr. Speaker, I'm sure that the Prime Minister will want to join me in celebrating the fantastic result in the EU referendum and hoping that the democratic will of the people in overthrowing the EU's tyranny is respected. Mr. Speaker, how does the Prime Minister think that the result will impact on TSR UK's membership of the EU?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Minister Prime,

What are your thoughts on the referendum result, and especially the petition for a re-referendum?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Minister Prime, would you agree with me that we should stick with issues that are canon having recently had a non canon statement and two months canon questions already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mister Prime Minister

Where is it the government stands on the protection of animal rights?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
MR prime minister,

Will you support Scottish, Irish and London independence referendums or do you only support democracy when the people are likely to support you?

Also will you share sovereignty of Gibraltar or risk them going it alone too?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
MR prime minister,

Will you support Scottish, Irish and London independence referendums or do you only support democracy when the people are likely to support you?

That's 2 questions and now bring the total of non canon questions up to 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quamquam123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker,

I would like to ask the Prime Minister who he thinks should lead the Tories in real life?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
That's 2 questions and now bring the total of non canon questions up to 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
QQ adds one to the tally now!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Nothing wrong with questions to do with non-TSR affairs, provided they're not phrased as if the TSR PM can do anything about them. Whilst I'm hesitant to lump them in with joke questions, I do however suggest that RL questions are kept to a minimum as well.
cranbrook_aspie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker,

As the right honourable Prime Minister Life_peer will of course be aware, he has recently survived a VoNC: especially given that the exam period is nearing its end, is he willing to divulge details of his plan of action for sustaining the recent and commendable increase in government activity to ensure that he doesn't face another one later in the term?
Quamquam123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Nothing wrong with questions to do with non-TSR affairs, provided they're not phrased as if the TSR PM can do anything about them. Whilst I'm hesitant to lump them in with joke questions, I do however suggest that RL questions are kept to a minimum as well.
As my question isn't asking him to do anything, can I keep it?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker, the Conservative Party was elected on a very modest platform - making their lack of success so far all the more bewildering. They seem to be letting UKIP MPs put forward privately what one would imagine they'd be yearning to push forward themselves. Thus, my question is not one of Conservative policy but of coalition policy - for surely the Prime Minister has turned to his capable colleagues to fill in the gaps of his policy platform.

With the TSR Liberal Party promising to reduce university tuition fees to £6000 and the current TSR National Liberal leader having campaigned in the last MHoC by-election on a pledge to cap tuition fees at £3000 will the Prime Minister be respecting the wishes of his colleagues and supporting some form of tuition fee reduction?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Number One, Mr Speaker (seriously, how has no one done this yet? )

Mr Speaker,

Does my Right Honourable friend agree with me that Prison Reform towards rehabilitation and away from punishment for minor crimes is necessary to reduce re-offending rates and to ensure we have more people contributing positively to our society?
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you for the questions. I shall answer a batch of questions now and another one later.

(Original post by toronto353)
Mr. Speaker, I'm sure that the Prime Minister will want to join me in celebrating the fantastic result in the EU referendum and hoping that the democratic will of the people in overthrowing the EU's tyranny is respected. Mr. Speaker, how does the Prime Minister think that the result will impact on TSR UK's membership of the EU?
Indeed, I would like to congratulate the majority of the British people on making what I strongly believe to be the right choice in order to improve practically every aspect of their lives. I believe that the UK does not need the EU in order to be prosperous and that the potential for improvement is now much higher. I am looking forward to the day when it becomes apparent there won't be any economic or any other repercussions to the people who want to make Britain great again, other countries will follow, and every ‘remain argument’ will be rejected for good. Furthermore, I hope that vile people who have been ruining the EU for years like Merkel, Schulz, Juncker, or Hollande, fail miserably and will be remembered as oblivious orchestrators of EU's collapse.

As for TSR, I consider us in the process of exiting the EU just as the real deal and we're likely to see many resentful sore losers around these parts in the coming days.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
Minister Prime,

What are your thoughts on the referendum result, and especially the petition for a re-referendum?
I'm very happy with the result, although a stronger support for Brexit with Scotland on board would obviously be even better since as we've seen, the sore losers are already attempting to reject the result on the basis of a relatively small difference, differences between the age groups, people not knowing what they voted for, etc.

The attempts to repeat the referendum are nothing but posthumous spasms, many of which have originated from other countries which we know thanks to the wonders of technology. People who are used to being protected and live in their safe spaces are suddenly faced with failure and don't know what to do other than being the petty little children they are. I believe the best we can do is ignore them without attacking back because we'll have to work together once the emotions get back to normal—everyone should accept the result and focus on using it in their advantage.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Mr Minister Prime, would you agree with me that we should stick with issues that are canon having recently had a non canon statement and two months canon questions already?
While I believe we should primarily focus on MHoC matters, I think that some major RL events deserve our attention too since they may start interesting debate. Although my or anyone else's opinions on RL events can not affect them, they may for example provide other members with useful cues suggesting our next steps.

(Original post by TitanCream)
Mister Prime Minister

Where is it the government stands on the protection of animal rights?
I'm not familiar with the status quo of animal protection within the UK but my personal position is very positive, which I believe can be said about the whole government since most Conservative and Liberal members have repeatedly rejected attempts to lift the fox hunting ban. If you feel there are other areas of animal protection that should be addressed, feel free to draft a bill within the government forum. If this were the US, I'd have many ideas myself but I doubt British farmers are as barbaric as Murricans.

(Original post by Aph)
MR prime minister,

I believe that all parts of the UK should accept the collective decision to withdraw from the EU and focus their resources into improving our future instead of misusing the situation in attempts to push their political agenda when most people are unsure and susceptible to manipulation. The United Kingdom has a great potential of being more prosperous without the EU but it's less likely when parts of it go missing. I am not surprised the SNP and London (which is 60% immigrants) want to seize the opportunity without any regard for the rest of the country, and our objective should be to prevent it. This may change if the withdrawal from the EU proves to be a step in the wrong direction in five or ten years, but I highly doubt that.

Gibraltar belongs to the UK.

(Original post by Quamquam123)
Mr Speaker,

I would like to ask the Prime Minister who he thinks should lead the Tories in real life?
Boris Johnson or Michael Gove. I don't like Theresa May at all. Ideally, I would choose Johnson, though I have to agree that a more moderate PM would be much better for the party in the long run.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
I am not surprised the SNP and London (which is 60% immigrants) want to seize the opportunity without any regard for the rest of the country, and our objective should be to prevent it.
I wonder if the PM would like to correct that particular statement.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
I wonder if the PM would like to correct that particular statement.
Not really. This was in 2011.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Not really. This was in 2011.
Non-white =/= immigrant.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Non-white =/= immigrant.
Just sunbathing, eh?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quamquam123)
As my question isn't asking him to do anything, can I keep it?
Yes. (I realise the PM has answered it by now.)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise