Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Just finished a levels and got all this free time. I would like to get back into reading. I enjoy travel/adventure/philosophical books. I recently read the alchemist by paul Coelho and found it to be extremely thought provoking and enjoyable.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thus spoke Zarathustra sounds like something you would like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW22)
    Thus spoke Zarathustra sounds like something you would like
    Thanks. I will definitely be reading that soon
    Any other suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know many... But recently I've read a book about Russia and Orthodox Christianity and the idea of 'messianism' in Orthodox Eastern Christian theology. How different it is from the Western Christian ethics, norms and values.

You will never look at Russian history, politics and identity in quite the same way. Truly fascinating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Hey guys
    Just finished a levels and got all this free time. I would like to get back into reading. I enjoy travel/adventure/philosophical books. I recently read the alchemist by paul Coelho and found it to be extremely thought provoking and enjoyable.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you could ask the librarian because they know a lot better :yep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    I know many... But recently I've read a book about Russia and Orthodox Christianity and the idea of 'messianism' in Orthodox Eastern Christian theology. How different it is from the Western Christian ethics, norms and values.

You will never look at Russian history, politics and identity in quite the same way. Truly fascinating!
    red gems :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    you could ask the librarian because they know a lot better :yep:

red gems :rofl:
    I am proud to wear them; I used to have 5 whole red bars and a sixth additional one but unfortunately people keep repping me.

Nowadays you get your green bars for any amount of conventional wisdom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    I am proud to wear them; I used to have 5 whole red bars and a sixth additional one but unfortunately people keep repping me.

Nowadays you get your green bars for any amount of conventional wisdom
    :toofunny: you are a perfect example for those who are thirsty for reps :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Hey guys
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whilst not really travel or adventure Ian McEwan is a very thought provoking writer. He tends tow write about deeply ethical issues and the impact competing interests have on the given issue. The ones of his I enjoyed most were The Children's Act- this is quite a relatable book as it really tries to contest whether at around 16/18 we really are grown up or if our limited life experience so far makes us innocently naive almost like a child. I loved it. I also like Atonement by the same author which is very much about almost forgiveness and why as human beings we can find holding hatred drives us crazy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.