Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wales won 1-0 and I believe, even as a Welshman, that the game should be replayed as Wales did not score enough goals to win it conclusively.

Had Northern Ireland produced better players and scored just 1 goal the outcome would have been incredibly different, and evidence from previous games suggests that momentum would have been with them meaning it was likely that they'd eventually go on to win.

Also, the referees performance was pretty poor and the turnout was bad as a lot of people in Northern Ireland cannot afford to travel to France.

I demand the match is replayed repeatedly until the correct outcome is obtained which based on all of the evidence suggests it should be a conclusive 4-1 victory to Ireland at which point the result can no longer be questioned.

My petition will be added soon and I would like you to sign it.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I just wanted to complain about how terrible the match was but now I might complain about how terrible the EU referendum result was instead. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It is slightly poetic that Wales as a country voted to leave, yet won the game so have to stay in the Euros.

ReputationRep:
    Own goal. :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It is slightly poetic that Wales as a country voted to leave, yet won the game so have to stay in the Euros.
    It would be great if England and Wales meet in the final. Imagine the rage after both voted to leave the EU. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Even NI outscored Wales, defo rematch

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.