Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you apply for a EU passport from a remaining EU country now? watch

• View Poll Results: Will You Apply For A Passport From Remaining EU Country?
    Yes If Eligable
    90.91%
    No
    9.09%

ReputationRep:
    Will you consider applying (if eligible) for duel citizenship & obtaining a passport from a remaining EU country now? i.e Ireland, Scotland if they leave us?

My Dad was born in Scotland so theoretically if they leave, chances are I could obtain an EU passport and still receive the benefits, free travel etc

Anyone else eligible?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You are thinking a bit far ahead if you are relying on Scotland.
    What would be the rush? Surely you apply for one if you need it and are eligible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are thinking a bit far ahead if you are relying on Scotland.
    What would be the rush? Surely you apply for one if you need it and are eligible?
    Not in any rush, just speaking hypothetically now.. been big influx of people applying for Irish passports etc, but in the future, if eligible it would be handy to have for the benefits it includes
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    As seen in Belfast today

Name:  Cly_sM2XEAA-LG3.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  93.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmonkey100)
    Will you consider applying (if eligible) for duel citizenship & obtaining a passport from a remaining EU country now? i.e Ireland, Scotland if they leave us?

My Dad was born in Scotland so theoretically if they leave, chances are I could obtain an EU passport and still receive the benefits, free travel etc

Anyone else eligible?
    Scotland won't be able to be a member of the EU, if they became independent, as Spain & Belgium would vote against them joining.

And no I would not; I don't see the point of getting another passport. I doubt I'd be eligible for a foreign passport though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jneill;66105077]As seen in Belfast today

Size:  93.9 KB[/QUO

I can only shake my head
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    (Original post by jneill)
    As seen in Belfast today

Size:  93.9 KB

I can only shake my head
    I presume you know about the dual-status in NI?

Most people from the nationalist tradition already hold an Irish passport.

It's those from the unionist side that are now trying to exercise their right to get one. In the past they 100% wouldn't want one in their house, never mind getting one for themselves.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I have already...

ReputationRep:
    Already have a French Passport. Vive La France!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been more glad to have a German passport. I can always go and live there if things go wrong here.

ReputationRep:
    I should be eligible for a Scottish one so I'll definitely be applying if they leave the UK and remain in the EU.

I can imagine the EU now regarding an pro-independence vote as Scotland not having left the EU.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not a traitor.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.