Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the second referendum petition is fake. with evidence and proof. watch

ReputationRep:
    it's a sham.

http://pastebin.com/6hf57pc4

http://pastebin.com/xa4csftu

https://i.sli.mg/maIlEH.png

"Papua New Guinea - 3 " . They want a second referendum , we must respect that !

But I do have a question, why would anyone want to join the EU ?

ReputationRep:
    British Nationals living overseas, you tool

ReputationRep:
    Um wot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    British Nationals living overseas, you tool
    I think the question is not so much why are people from other countries signing the petition as it is why don't the numbers add up to the total number of signatures.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    it's a sham.

http://pastebin.com/6hf57pc4

http://pastebin.com/xa4csftu

https://i.sli.mg/maIlEH.png

"Papua New Guinea - 3 " . They want a second referendum , we must respect that !

But I do have a question, why would anyone want to join the EU ?

As per my post in the main thread - that you haven't bothered to acknowledge:

The non-UK signatories are UK citizens living abroad. Like Gibraltar. Or Ireland. Or even France.

Also, the JSON simply hasn't updated properly for ages. I suspect they turned off or slowed the updates to reduce the load on the server - or it was just plain broken. The host server is struggling to keep up with the level of interest in this petition. It's 4x bigger (and in a MUCH shorter time period) than the next biggest petition.

In situations like this it's generally better to go with incompetance rather than conspiracy.

Anyway, now it has updated and here's the Top 10 countries (although the total votes is for ALL 210 countries in the file):
    note the UK resident signatories are 96% of the total.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 22.42.27.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  65.6 KB

You can thank me later.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by miless090)
    I think the question is not so much why are people from other countries signing the petition as it is why don't the numbers add up to the total number of signatures.
    The JSON was, technically speaking, knackered.

See my post above ^^^

ReputationRep:
    "I read an extremely compelling proof of my viewpoint on pastebin", said no remotely intelligent person ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

You can thank me later.
    Wrong, people in Ethiopia and Bolivia are not demanding a second referendum. However.

An offer to those wanting a second referendum :

Rather than have another referendum,
    why not just convince the current government to postpone article 50 ?

We are after all, in the EU for the next 3 months. The referendum is not legally binding, and they can in theory just ignore it.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice. When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". He knows it may break up the UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, and hurt Europe, and affect the Calais situation. They have good reason to ignore the vote.

Maybe this referendum is just a threat to the EU, to show how serious we are about reform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    As per my post in the main thread - that you haven't bothered to acknowledge:

The non-UK signatories are UK citizens living abroad. Like Gibraltar. Or Ireland. Or even France.

Also, the JSON simply hasn't updated properly for ages. I suspect they turned off or slowed the updates to reduce the load on the server - or it was just plain broken. The host server is struggling to keep up with the level of interest in this petition. It's 4x bigger (and in a MUCH shorter time period) than the next biggest petition.

In situations like this it's generally better to go with incompetance rather than conspiracy.

Anyway, now it has updated and here's the Top 10 countries (although the total votes is for ALL 210 countries in the file):
    note the UK resident signatories are 96% of the total.

You can thank me later.
    Mr jneill, I know you are a hater of democracy, but I am asking you nicely to accept the decision, move on, and stop spamming this forum. There will not be a 2nd referendum, it doesn't matter how many people have signed the petition. You can't change the rules of a referendum AFTER it has taken place, simply because the result wasn't what you had hoped for. We're leaving the EU. End of story. Put your dummy back in and stop crying.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Wrong, people in Ethiopia and Bolivia are not demanding a second referendum. However.

An offer to those wanting a second referendum :

Rather than have another referendum,
    why not just convince the current government to postpone article 50 ?

We are after all, in the EU for the next 3 months. The referendum is not legally binding, and they can in theory just ignore it.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice. When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". He knows it may break up the UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, and hurt Europe, and affect the Calais situation. They have good reason to ignore the vote.

Maybe this referendum is just a threat to the EU, to show how serious we are about reform.
    Ex-pats live all over the world - and even if they don't those countries are a miniscule % of the total number of signatories. 96% are UK residents.

The rest of what you said is certainly true. (And coincidentally mirrors a comment in The Guardian I quoted from earlier...)

Also this is interesting https://waitingfortax.com/2016/06/24...-i-mean-maybe/
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Mr jneill, I know you are a hater of democracy, but I am asking you nicely to accept the decision, move on, and stop spamming this forum. There will not be a 2nd referendum, it doesn't matter how many people have signed the petition. You can't change the rules of a referendum AFTER it has taken place, simply because the result wasn't what you had hoped for. We're leaving the EU. End of story. Put your dummy back in and stop crying.
    Somone says a government managed website hosting a petition is a sham and you then get uppity when it's shown to be otherwise.

Anyway...

Name:  Clv27s1WYAADjQo.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  113.8 KB

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.