The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Psychology University's

I have been currently looking at Uni's and before looking I was focused on Russell group Uni's or Uni's that were in the top 15 for studying Psychology... I went to Loughborough today and absolutely loved it but it isn't a Russell Group and it is 24th in the league tables for studying psychology..... this goes against the criteria I set myself...am I over thinking this? Should I take the league tables into consideration? Will I be hindered in terms of employability if I don't go for one of the top 15 Psychology Uni's?
Original post by tsljan29
I have been currently looking at Uni's and before looking I was focused on Russell group Uni's or Uni's that were in the top 15 for studying Psychology... I went to Loughborough today and absolutely loved it but it isn't a Russell Group and it is 24th in the league tables for studying psychology..... this goes against the criteria I set myself...am I over thinking this? Should I take the league tables into consideration? Will I be hindered in terms of employability if I don't go for one of the top 15 Psychology Uni's?

Hi tsljan29

Great to hear you enjoyed visiting us :smile:

Did you manage to chat to anybody from our Careers Network whilst you were here? If you didn't get chance to, I'd take a look at their website. We have great links with leading employers and our graduates are much sought-after - there is a huge amount of support available to students from help with securing placements to CV workshops and Careers Fairs, so you can be sure that you'll be in a great position after you graduate.

Have you considered incorporating a year in industry into your study? This is a fantastic way to get proper experience ready for when you graduate and is an option available on all of our undergraduate courses. You can find more info on placements here.

Hope this helps :smile:

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending