The Student Room Group

In your opinion, what makes a relationship last?

I'm talking about it lasting because the people involved want to stay together, not other factors in which they are miserable but stay together anyway (e.g. kids).

What factors do you think are most important?

For me it's trust and being able to be comfortable talking about pretty much anything.

Scroll to see replies

I agree with with what you've just said.

A relationship will succeed if there's a strong connection between the two :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Openness, trust obviously, and lots & lots & lots of horny sex. :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When i'm not in it
Trust and communication :smile:
Where people still make an effort with surprises, gifts, dates etc.
All of the above and mutual acceptance of each other's independence.
Not breaking up.
Reply 8
Trust, when you want the same things in life e.g both do or don't want kids, feeling comfortable enough to tell your partner anything and also still being able to have fun together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by EnglishMuffin29
Trust and communication :smile:

This and ofc a strong connection and loving each other very much
The male being the winner.

So if you have a male who is a loser in comparison to female and her social circles it's not going to work for long.
sex
trust, communication, being loyal to each other, both wanting similar things and a strong connection :smile:
Original post by Melancholic Mill
The male being the winner.

So if you have a male who is a loser in comparison to female and her social circles it's not going to work for long.

Surely you can say the same about women...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frequent, rough sex.
Original post by bookworm246love
trust, communication, being loyal to each other, both wanting similar things and a strong connection :smile:

This.
I believe what others on here have said is vital, as are complete transparency, honesty and trust :yep:
Original post by Protoxylic
This.

:smile: i believe that you have to be completely open and honest with each other
Original post by bookworm246love
:smile: i believe that you have to be completely open and honest with each other

I agree. Transparency is key.
Communication, trust and generally working well as a team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending