Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I never used to use other people's notes as I felt the textbook (K/C or Davidson's or OHCM) and smaller summary texts (like Crash Course) were good enough.

However, anyone who has now used something like Alasdair Scott's notes (a better, more concise version of OHCM with mnemonics) seems to have loved it (including myself).

Just wondering, have other people ever used older person's notes? Do these exist for Paeds/O and G? (if so, would love to know where to get them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arian315)
    I never used to use other people's notes as I felt the textbook (K/C or Davidson's or OHCM) and smaller summary texts (like Crash Course) were good enough.

However, anyone who has now used something like Alasdair Scott's notes (a better, more concise version of OHCM with mnemonics) seems to have loved it (including myself).

Just wondering, have other people ever used older person's notes? Do these exist for Paeds/O and G? (if so, would love to know where to get them)
    Alastair Scott's notes are quite useful but they are basically a copy of the OHCM (even written in the same order per chapter) - they can also be a bit too detailed for finals (I mean he did win the all London medal!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    Alastair Scott's notes are quite useful but they are basically a copy of the OHCM (even written in the same order per chapter) - they can also be a bit too detailed for finals (I mean he did win the all London medal!)
    Really? Thought they weren't detailed enough for my exams (UCL).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.